Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 GMC Crew Cab Dually

Began building this bagged and bodied single cab GMC but ended up turning it into a crew cab dually. I’m currently waiting on wheels and Dually bedsides, once I get those I can start building a frame for it but in the meantime I’ve been building the cab. I’ll be posting more progress pics in the future once I get some more done but hopefully all goes well since this is pretty much my first ever scratch built model, aside from the frame work I did on the single cab. 

BE300607-69C9-4AA2-9164-50EA40B8CF0D.jpeg

56E03674-1999-4674-ADCE-00E424F05ED3.jpeg

0ED84CF0-B2A3-46D0-8D2C-B9028A17879F.jpeg

618DEC52-2D7D-4D4D-86B9-194EF2394035.jpeg

D59EE9C8-A73F-4289-A487-462E399D78C8.jpeg

10 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Looks great so far. I like it. Are the filler pieces between the cab sections just plastic stock or are they from kit pieces? I'll be watching this one.

Later-

Thank you, they’re pieces from a kit. I had 2 extra cabs, aside from a full kit, so I just cut them up to make the rear cab section. 

16 hours ago, Sty57 said:

Looks great!

Are you going to mold the box into the cab and make it one piece? Or put the back of the cab in there?

I never understood why no-one ever made a dually kit of the 70/80's Chevy/ GMC.

Thank you

i was thinking of making it one piece, since I’m shaving some pieces, like the handles and side markers but it’s a little much for my taste. 

Nice start to a great looking ride. If you are looking for stock style dually wheels, check out Scenes Unlimited. If you want something more custom, a trip down the toy aisle at WalMart might yield something to your liking.

There was a company that used to resin cast a crew cab dually, but they are long out of business and have yet to see anyone offer this since.

• 5 weeks later...