Model Cars Magazine Forum

What (Porsche race car?) is in the background of this photo?

I did a quick search, looking for models. Not a lot available, at least in 1/24. I did see that a guy in England will soon be offering models built to order in 1/8 scale. He currently offers a Chevron B8, Lola T70 MkIIIB, and some ugly old Lotus. His prices aren’t that bad. 

Some years back, I snagged a Volkl kit in 1/24. Pretty much just a resin body, a slightly different version from the one in your photo (which has been one of my all-time favorite race cars since 1969, and the first race car I ever turned a wrench on for $). You'd have to scratch-build just about everything but the body (which isn't perfectly symmetrical and will need some corrections), but it's a place to start. It's a very small car in reality, but I did some rough measuring against an Accurate Miniatures McLaren M8, and the Mc chassis could be cut down and modified...again, as a starting point...though the Chevron was not a full monocoque like the McLaren, IIRC. Some "continuation" cars were built later, using the original jigs, fixtures, and tooling, and photos of the guts and specs aren't too hard to find.

image.png.83eae21bca7855044bffcc7f62c5c1d6.png

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

• 3 weeks later...