Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reading old posts

I’ve been on this board since  May of 2006 . I went back just to read what we all posted back then and found some great posts to read. Gregg was more active on the board 12 years ago,   Jairus art work, Harry P arrives  “How do you post photos”  “What are Donks”  opinions on RatRods were hot topics. Early on the “General”  topic area carried discussions now found under their own Banner. There are so many great builds and “how to” threads to check out. A lot of good reading to be found just in the General section starting with the first post.

Agreed. Tons of great stuff in the wayback.

That's what I love about old hobby and car and special-interest mags as well, and why I spent a fair bit of time kicking myself for dumping my old Hot Rod mags in the early '80s. When I got back in the American-car-based hot-rod biz around 2011 or so, I ended up searching out and replacing much of the stuff I'd unceremoniously tossed earlier.

Old information is still 100% valid, and with having so much of it available here, the storage-space problem is at least partially mitigated.  :D

52 minutes ago, Greg Myers said:

How did you get there ? Just navigating the search feature or lack there of can be rather frustrating.

At the top once your in the General section it has page numbers, on mine I touch the highest number and it should be the oldest post, hit previous to go to next page of old posts.

My how time does fly! I started very shortly after the forum got going in March '06. I think I was member #53?

One good tip I found when trying to search something on here is to type in............."site:modelcarsmag.com 1969 Camaro" for example. You'll come up with all kinds of results and more than likely find something you were looking for. ;)