Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Mustang Boss 302

Tom99

I love factory stock Mustangs and your model.  Did you use the old Testors spray can (which is obsolete) or another brand using perhaps an airbrush?  I always thought it was strange Ford picked a dark metallic color as one of four colors for 69 Boss 302's since while it is beautiful it just does not "pop" like the grabber yellow and orange do.

Edited by vamach1
Typo

3 hours ago, vamach1 said:

I love factory stock Mustangs and your model.  Did you use the old Testors spray can (which is obsolete) or another brand using perhaps an airbrush?  I always thought it was strange Ford picked a dark metallic color as one of four colors for 69 Boss 302's since while it is beautiful it just does not "pop" like the grabber and orange does.

I used Scalefinishes paint, and airbrushed it. It is one of the  correct 1969 Boss 302 colors. 

6 hours ago, Tom99 said:

It has to be painted. The kit decals only cover the cowl area, and the hood stripe.

Gotcha.  Did you use the kit decal for the strip and cowl area, or just paint the whole bit?  That little pin stripe around the perimeter of the blacked area seems like a real challenge.  :)

Still looks great!

17 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Gotcha.  Did you use the kit decal for the strip and cowl area, or just paint the whole bit?  That little pin stripe around the perimeter of the blacked area seems like a real challenge.  :)

Still looks great!

I used the kit decals for the cowl area. I cut the stripe at the center of the hood, and put it on one side at a time.