Model Cars Magazine Forum
ewetwo

Ford hoods

I have 2 vintage cars that are missing their hoods and would like to see if anyone out there has them. One is a 1936 ford. Hood and side panels. Gray plastic as it's never been painted and is glued too well to break apart. The other is a black plastic AMT 1940 hood. This one looks to have to tabs on the back side of the hood that slide into slots in the firewall. I thin this is an AMT.

959BE711-B1C3-40F8-97B8-2A6DC52B130E.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

I have the '36 Ford.

They are painted blue, but it's Testors enamel and will strip very easily.

I believe that these were molded in yellow plastic.

Steve

image.thumb.jpeg.f4bf264471e8f12fea34260e14bc20e3.jpeg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Thank you Steve but I was looking for unpainted gray plastic ones because I can't get the model apart to paint it a different color. And I know I won't be able to match that gray plastic. :) I know it's a long shot but I'd like to keep them as they are as they are old. 

I have the 36 in grey plastic but it seems to be darker than yours. I have a 39/40 hood too but not in black plastic. Only black one I have is on a unpainted Ford I have..

Sorry David. I have the parts in the grey plastic but I forgot that I had cut them up to fit on another project.

Later-

3 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Sorry David. I have the parts in the grey plastic but I forgot that I had cut them up to fit on another project.

Later-

That's ok Tom. The mirrors are on their way. :)

Thanks Kerry. It could be the daylight LED bulb making it look lighter. I might not need the 36 hood. I'll let you know. I want to see if I can keep them original as I love the little things they did to these. On the 36 they also have exhaust pipes coming through the rear fenders. 

Edited by ewetwo