Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Cord L-29

Eric Macleod

Thank you David. Little by little I think I am gaining on it. While this will not be a perfect model,  it will be a satisfying model when I complete it, if for no other reason than to demonstrate in the modeling world what perseverance can do. 

I am finally getting to a place where i am hanging jewelry on the car. I still don't have the trunk done but I am working on a new plan as I just don't like the one I built earlier.  Here is the car as of 11 EDT tonight. 

20200602_230415_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Edited by Eric Macleod
Typo

So this is the end.  Just short of 40 years after I started this model, i am now posting what I think will be the final WIP photo. Clearly this is a very long way from being a perfect model but it has been a very satisfying journey.  I have headlamps,  a couple chrome tidbits, cowl lamps, the trunk and some paint details and then off to the land of under glass.

20200605_183836_copy_1209x1612.jpg

3 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

40 years huh? Glad to know I am not the only one. Mine was started when I was 12, now I am 53. Keeps getting stalled.  

Oh no. Only 39 years! I heard about a Cord L-29 project while attending a car show in St. Ignace,  MI when I was 16.There was a model car contest connected to the show and I'd entered a few models. I overheard a couple guys talking about their L-29 project, butted into the conversation and learned they were basing their projects on the MPC Chrysler Imperial kit. Thinking "how hard could it be? " will result in an under glass submission 5 months before I turn 56.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 7:53 PM, Eric Macleod said:

Oh no. Only 39 years! I heard about a Cord L-29 project while attending a car show in St. Ignace,  MI when I was 16.There was a model car contest connected to the show and I'd entered a few models. I overheard a couple guys talking about their L-29 project, butted into the conversation and learned they were basing their projects on the MPC Chrysler Imperial kit. Thinking "how hard could it be? " will result in an under glass submission 5 months before I turn 56.

I'll be 45 in August, and I have projects still sitting since junior high school.

Trust me, I get it.

This has been a long journey with a great end for you.

Charlie Larkin

18 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

I'll be 45 in August, and I have projects still sitting since junior high school.

Trust me, I get it.

This has been a long journey with a great end for you.

Charlie Larkin

You are absolutely right there. I have go finish the trunk and adjust it.  I still have thoughts about adding a red pinstripe but I'm not sure if it will look good.