Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Peterbilt 359 is a lord

20 hours ago, DrKerry said:

B.e.a.Utiful!!!! 

18 hours ago, yh70 said:

awesome job

14 hours ago, fivesuns said:

That is one gorgeous rig.  Incredible detail.  Well done!

14 hours ago, tbill said:

Wow! That is sharp!

13 hours ago, signguy2108 said:

well done, the colors look good together

9 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Very nice

8 hours ago, Shambles said:

WOW!

8 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Very nice build! Like the color scheme and the added details! Very clean work too!

thank you very much :):);)

A wonderful 359 model here, respect.

With all of your accuracy and obvious expertise,  I feel there are two things that keep this from being about perfect.

1. Shiny tires.  I think they look out of place.

2. The all too white motor.

My opinion, even with a clean-type, showroom floor presentation, would look even better with a somewhat duller tire finish.

Concerning the motor, you added great detailing, lines and such....just the motor looks unreal.  The all white shows no shadows, nothing breaks the extreme white appearance.  Of course, this is a new motor and not a dirty and oily machine.  It's just too white in my opinion.  Maybe a slight wash here and there, without letting the motor appear to be used.

What do you think?

Mike..

Hello, thank you for your comment. Sorry for my english (i’m french), but i’m going to answer you the best i can. I’ve added many little parts or i replace with more realistics parts as photoetched parts (front lights /door handles /exhaust pipes /dashboard panel). For the frame, i’ve added what were missing on the Revell model kit (brakes /stabilizer bar/ some cross pieces), that’s all. The challenge was, for me, to do a typically american conventional truck from the 70/80’ , so i used a vintage paint scheme. I wish to see your work with the 359 soon.???

14 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

A wonderful 359 model here, respect.

With all of your accuracy and obvious expertise,  I feel there are two things that keep this from being about perfect.

1. Shiny tires.  I think they look out of place.

2. The all too white motor.

My opinion, even with a clean-type, showroom floor presentation, would look even better with a somewhat duller tire finish.

Concerning the motor, you added great detailing, lines and such....just the motor looks unreal.  The all white shows no shadows, nothing breaks the extreme white appearance.  Of course, this is a new motor and not a dirty and oily machine.  It's just too white in my opinion.  Maybe a slight wash here and there, without letting the motor appear to be used.

What do you think?

Mike..

Hello Mike , thank you for your comment.I agree with you. Concerning the tyres, i think to it while the workbench, but it was too late the wheels were assembled to the frame, i couldn’t replace them anymore (Snap tite assembly), that’s sure it is not the most realistic tyres. Concerning the engine, according to me , if you begin to do, even a light weathering , you have to do the same thing to all parts of the model. If the color engine was red (for example), it will be less lightning,but you’re right the next time, i will use dark grey primer before white painting .???