Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Peterbilt 359 is a lord

11 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Hello Mike , thank you for your comment.I agree with you. Concerning the tyres, i think to it while the workbench, but it was too late the wheels were assembled to the frame, i couldn’t replace them anymore (Snap tite assembly), that’s sure it is not the most realistic tyres. Concerning the engine, according to me , if you begin to do, even a light weathering , you have to do the same thing to all parts of the model. If the color engine was red (for example), it will be less lightning,but you’re right the next time, i will use dark grey primer before white painting .???

Hello grodudulle,

Thank you for the reply. I understand now about the tires.

Concerning the motor, my intention was not to induce a "weathering", but only to add some color to break the overall "whiteness" of the motor.  Please excuse that I offer a photo on your topic.  Here a white motor, brand new, just it shows some color contrast;

36791174ql.jpg

You have wonderfully added a few accessory details to your white motor, excellent. 

I really don't realize the need to use a "dark grey primer before white painting", just here and there a touch of something other than stark white could prove to be a good thing for a truck model.  But this is just my opinion. Yes, I've built a 359 model before.  Just not in styrene.

8 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

Hello grodudulle,

Thank you for the reply. I understand now about the tires.

Concerning the motor, my intention was not to induce a "weathering", but only to add some color to break the overall "whiteness" of the motor.  Please excuse that I offer a photo on your topic.  Here a white motor, brand new, just it shows some color contrast;

36791174ql.jpg

You have wonderfully added a few accessory details to your white motor, excellent. 

I really don't realize the need to use a "dark grey primer before white painting", just here and there a touch of something other than stark white could prove to be a good thing for a truck model.  But this is just my opinion. Yes, I've built a 359 model before.  Just not in styrene.

Ok, thank you for your comment Mike .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Gorgeous result. Very impressive. How did you do the black panel lines? It certainly adds realism.

Hello Bill , thank you for your reply, i don’t understand what you mean with « black panel lines « , i suppose it’s power  cable or hoses but i’m not sure , i would like to answer you with correctness . ???

Edited by grodudulle77

7 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

The gaps around the doors filled in with black.

Ok, sorry for my misunderstanding    , i applied with brush an acrylic matt black paint ( the thinner of this kind of  paint is water # alcohol ) , i let it dry one hour and i removed easily surplus of paint with a damp cloth. Water is a soft thinner, it enables to preserve the brilliance of the orange painting. When you use brush, black paint musn’t be diluted , if not it does not adhere  with a gloss color .

A27B422E-9E0C-4319-9E12-C8D3C2B17433.jpeg

Edited by grodudulle77

14 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Acrylic paint thinned, brushed, left to dry and excess wiped away with damp cloth. It looks like I need to get some acrylic flat black and practice on some old builds.

Thanks.

I use two layers of black paint to get a good result. If the groove isn’t deep enough, don’t hesitate to dig it and mostly use the right kind of paint.