Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Plymouth Belvedere Max Wedge

Brutalform

On 9/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, Brutalform said:

Thanks everyone.  

Im far from a Mopar expert, but is this oval air cleaner that is supplied in the kit even for a max wedge? Or is it supposed to be on a Hemi?  I haven’t come across any max wedge cars in my searches that had this type of air cleaner. 

I decided to just use it because I didn’t detail the carbs at all, and it covers things pretty well. 

Tom, your Mopar builds are beautiful and very accurate. I appreciate them as I am an avid fan of Mopars having owned a couple restored 1:1. I look forward to seeing your builds and as soon as we settle in our new home, I will get my 63 Savoy Max Wedge and 62 Dart Ramcharger done. Thanks for the inspiration.

12 hours ago, BobbyG said:

Tom, your Mopar builds are beautiful and very accurate. I appreciate them as I am an avid fan of Mopars having owned a couple restored 1:1. I look forward to seeing your builds and as soon as we settle in our new home, I will get my 63 Savoy Max Wedge and 62 Dart Ramcharger done. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thank you, and good luck on the new home. 

I have a few more max wedge cars coming up also. A 63 Dodge 330, and a 62 Dart. Maybe a 64 Fury and a 65 Coronet too. By then I’ll be out of Fireball carbs, and rims. 

Post yours up when you can. I’d like to see them. 

Edited by Brutalform

On 9/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, Brutalform said:

but is this oval air cleaner that is supplied in the kit even for a max wedge? Or is it supposed to be on a Hemi?  I haven’t come across any max wedge cars in my searches that had this type of air cleaner. 

The large oval chrome  air cleaner is race hemi only. 

Max wedge cars had 2 small black round air cleaners hsgs

2 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

The large oval chrome  air cleaner is race hemi only. 

Max wedge cars had 2 small black round air cleaners hsgs

That’s what I thought after looking at pics on the web. I’m sure a few people probably adapted them to their max wedge engines as well. 

Its a cool looking air cleaner.