Model Cars Magazine Forum

1910 Renault Paris taxi

bbowser

Some lighter coloured tires would have been nice, but that's not a deal breaker.  BMF does have a gold foil that should work for the flat parts, but the gold colour does rub off when you handle it too much, like when you're trying to work it around complex shapes.  The gold foil from candy wrappers seems to be more durable.   Molotow makes a gold marker, but I don't know how shiny it is.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

Some lighter coloured tires would have been nice, but that's not a deal breaker.  BMF does have a gold foil that should work for the flat parts, but the gold colour does rub off when you handle it too much, like when you're trying to work it around complex shapes.  The gold foil from candy wrappers seems to be more durable.   Molotow makes a gold marker, but I don't know how shiny it is.

First......Thanks Bruce for posting this....I wanted one but good to see inside.

Tires can be painted with Tamiya spray flats. I use white primer to make wide whites. I'd test it...but gray primer might work well. 

PS.....anyone think about a hot rod version like Revell Meter Cheater???

Edited by Dave Van

Something else.......the Revell Renault showrods are really 1/32 scale....body wise. If you have a Pyro 1/32 Renault kit the 'hood' in it is almost the EXACT same size as the Revell. So I'm not sure how big the ICM 1/24 kit will be. 

Edited by Dave Van

On 9/16/2019 at 9:55 AM, fordf-100 said:

Thats a pretty nice looking kit! Wonder how long it will be before someone makes it a show rod/ street rod! Kinda reminds me of what Revell used for the Der Guber wagon? and a couple others!

If you dont mind me asking what are those going for?

I think I paid a little over $40 shipped, came from the Netherlands!

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:48 PM, Justin Porter said:

Better question than who's going to customize this first... When are we going to get a T-bucket kit with as nice a front axle, spindles and all, as this?

Hot-rodding the ICM early Model T's might be a little tricky.  Unlike the Renault Taxi, those kits don't have a separate chassis.

I (mostly) built the ICM Model T Speedster. The frame rails are part of the fender assembly. 

IMGP2550-vi.jpg

Yup. Don't have a full-on closeup at the spindles, but I seem to recall the T's front axle being right about the measure of the Renault piece above, complete with molded see-through spaces around each spindle.

2v2vFF2vvxE7KCV.jpg

Taxi looks hella kool!  Did NOT know it was available in 1/24, think I'ma get after one...

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis
clarification

• 2 weeks later...