Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘70 Dodge Super Bee

Furiousgeorge

I’ve got this in the go now that the GTX is done. I’m doing something a bit different with this one, though I’m not sure how it’ll work out, so I’ll keep it under my hat for now ?.

So far I’ve got the basic engine together (440 six pac), it’ll have basic wiring and plumbing. Some body work and engine bay detail were added, since these kits are a bit light in that area. I’ve used some parts from the Revell ‘68 Charger (braces and bolts) as well as building the hood latch plate. I just have to add the spring. I’m also using the Charger front suspension and rear axle, since these Super Bee and Roadrunner kits all seem to have the wheels way to far in.

It'll have steel rims and dog dish caps (Fireball Modelworks resin pieces). I haven’t decided on a colour combo yet, suggestions?

E85B7FCB-B9A3-469E-9985-A3712DF0B6E7.jpeg

748F4FC0-AE76-40F8-A623-214B4AF36705.jpeg

45BFB2BF-EFBE-40B2-A454-478DAB126692.jpeg

F951C818-D5FC-4B6F-8896-52669DE638BF.jpeg

83478CC9-8819-4CD6-ADB4-85778D40E1AC.jpeg

After seeing this one on Graveyard Carz, I've falling in love with the colors. By the way, great work so far adding more details.  I have one of these in the stash but haven't gotten to it yet. I will be watching.

2.jpg

Edited by jjsipes

15 hours ago, Superbird McMonte said:

What was the name of that color?

I believe the paint code is T7

Just for grins . ..... the above and this one are pictures of the same car. As  Found in a Canadian junkyard

There were a total of 3 1970 Hemi Coronet RT convertibles. This one,  Sold new in  Canada , there was a FJ5 limelight one, sold new in Switzerland .( imported back into the US maybe early 90s timeframe. ) Then a 3rd one produced/sold for the US market , that one is unaccounted for as far as I know

1f9a6634e588bf88d736721f923f848f.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

"Bout ten years ago I almost bought a black with black interior '70 Coronet, I believe was an R/T if I remember correctly. Your model would look great in black Trent, although the picture above with the bronze color looks great also. Like your added details. I've used Fireball wheels, tires, and dog dishes on a Mopar build a couple of years ago and it looks great.

Ok, got some work done on this, though not alot. I got distracted by Steven Guthmillers ‘65 Fury, and ended up starting a ‘66 Sport Fury to replicate a car I used to own, into what I wanted that car to be.

So the plan with this build is to do the drivers side as a factory fresh car, the passenger side as a worn out old beater. I want to say I saw this idea somewhere, but I can’t remember where for the life of me! I’ve got a start on the rust layers, and the base engine (440 six pac). The engine will be fun, as the beater side will be missing parts (I opened the distributor, adding the rotor, belt will be gone, and the upper rad hose is gone, there’ll just be a bit of it on the drivers side). 

Color-wise, I haven’t settled on exterior colour yet, though the interior will be white. I think that’ll show off the new/old difference best. 

35983F32-C267-46D8-A735-486CD101DD10.jpeg

67FF6307-2078-43AB-9F88-152352BF1BF0.jpeg

Edited by Furiousgeorge

nice project.  Makes me want to dig mine out and start on it.  but then I know it might get stalled...  And color - what in the world would I do?  I have a 67 Charger in bronze with bronze interior.  Lots of B5 blue cars.   High Impact colors seem too easy.  I like this generation of cars with a poly exterior and matching interior.  That was always to coolest to me.  Especially considering the color choices now.   I guess wanting to build one is what keeps me from selling it and the multitudes of the AMT variants I have.  I need to finish one more car and may need parts...   Keep it coming.