Model Cars Magazine Forum
Hawk312

Center bolt valve covers (Revell Impala?)

I am looking for center bolt valve covers like are used in the 1985-1992 Camaros and Firebirds. I believe the Revell Impala kit has some that are very close. I`ve also read the AMT Silverado kits also have them, though they look slightly different. 

Reference pic below. 

Thanks!

Related image

On 9/17/2019 at 8:46 AM, Hawk312 said:

I am looking for center bolt valve covers like are used in the 1985-1992 Camaros and Firebirds. I believe the Revell Impala kit has some that are very close. I`ve also read the AMT Silverado kits also have them, though they look slightly different. 

Reference pic below. 

Thanks!

Related image

The Linberg 37 ford custom has a very nice set in it...

I have that kit but would really like to use that engine down the road... but I'll entertain trades.

50 minutes ago, Slick Shifter said:

Those covers were used up through 1996 on the Caprice, Impala, Firebird and Camaro, through 1997 on Corvette. So there are lots of possibilities for you.

Pretty much every GM vehicle that came with a small block had them from 1987-1996. Some exceptions apply in certain commercial/fleet and industrial applications, but almost every passenger vehicle had the "swirl port" (or vortec starting in 96 ) through those years.

The vortec head that used the same cover as the earlier "high swirl" "TBI" head were in production through 98... until the LS1 took over in 99.

Edited by LL3 Model Worx

5 minutes ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Pretty much every GM vehicle that came with a small block had them from 1987-1996.

Gotcha. I merely limited my suggestions to the names of 1/25 model cars that had them.

Just now, Slick Shifter said:

Gotcha. I merely limited my suggestions to the names of 1/25 model cars that had them.

I figured so.

I am actually not familiar with alot of what's out there kit wise these days, so I was just making a blanket statement to cover most anything (that I'm likely unaware of) that was made by GM through those years.

Sorry if I came off wrong, not my intention. 😁