Model Cars Magazine Forum

I think I started this about fifteen years ago. I got carried away with customizing it, ditched the cab and started fresh. But, that was as far as I got with it. I started with the panel van's chassis, floor/step board and rear section of the body. I used the pickup's cab and bed sides. The panel van section is glued to the pickup's bedsides. Right now, I'm fixing the mess I made on the rear of the bed. Don't know what I was thinking molding everything in on the rear and the holes for bullet tail lights. So, I filled those in and rescribed new panel lines. 

48741358922_d986e2855a_b.jpg

With that done, I turned my attention to the cab. I didn't want to make the same mistake I did the first time. So, I went with a more conservative approach. All that's been done to it is some shaving. I shaved the door handles, locks, wipers, hood emblems, filled the cowl vents, gas cap and deleted the vent windows. Much cleaner!

48749179122_a8b4cc180d_b.jpg

Before

48741181366_1d7c7c4499_b.jpg

Don't have a color in mind yet. I want it to be different from every model I have. Not going to be easy. At all. Hopefully, I can come up with something while I'm working on the chassis and engine.  

Edited by Plowboy

I'm now around 95% done with the paint work. I have just a few small pieces left. The body needs a good sand and polish. When I first started spraying the paint, I wasn't too sure about my color choice. But, now that I can see what it looks like together with the wheels, I really like it. I'm undecided about painting the spokes on the wheels body color. I like how they look in solid chrome.

48794785146_0294831ebb_b.jpg

48794916287_4e364a4f66_b.jpg

48794911917_c3a613c937_b.jpg

15 hours ago, James2 said:

Beautiful Truck!

IMO the only way it could be better is if the wheelbase was stretched forward...

Thanx! I had every intention of doing that modification. But, after studying the body for a while, I decided against it. To me, that modification looks right with a stepside bed. But, with this bed, my concern was that it would give it an AWB look. Especially with the amount of overhang at the rear. 

• 2 weeks later...