Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replicas and Miniatures

1 hour ago, Jon Haigwood said:

My current build is Track Nose Model A, The engine is entirely Norms stuff. Flathead, Scot Blower, Ardun Heads, headers for the Ardun heads, Magneto with the "Crab" style dist., a pair of Stromberg  97's with a finned air cleaner. The interior has his seats and door handles. Used his Artillery wheels and tires and his fuel cap and his 39 Ford tail lights.

Maybe I should call it "Norms A"

This sounds awesome. Have you shared it anywhere?

Sent an email to Norm on 9/20, he responded the next day with prices and availability, including a couple of things that were no longer on his price sheet. Gave him the go ahead, added a couple of extras and he is shipping the order out this coming week. I can't say enough about how he conducts business and the quality of his product.

For those of you who question whether or not to order, my experience should put any worries to rest. Norm does things the old fashioned way, but it works and it is worth it. Much like when Don and Carol Holthaus ran The Modelhaus, sometimes not having the fancy website isn't a bad thing. And as a reminder, Norm isn't getting any younger and I suspect if he decides to retire, he will have a similar situation as Don and Carol did with orders, so as it has been said before- "If you see something in resin, the time to buy it is now because it might not be there tomorrow!" 

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Sent an email to Norm on 9/20, he responded the next day with prices and availability, including a couple of things that were no longer on his price sheet. Gave him the go ahead, added a couple of extras and he is shipping the order out this coming week. I can't say enough about how he conducts business and the quality of his product.

For those of you who question whether or not to order, my experience should put any worries to rest. Norm does things the old fashioned way, but it works and it is worth it. Much like when Don and Carol Holthaus ran The Modelhaus, sometimes not having the fancy website isn't a bad thing. And as a reminder, Norm isn't getting any younger and I suspect if he decides to retire, he will have a similar situation as Don and Carol did with orders, so as it has been said before- "If you see something in resin, the time to buy it is now because it might not be there tomorrow!" 

Well said Mike.  Norm is a straight up guy and takes care for his customers.  Sure going ta awebsite and making some clicks would be more efficient but the work that goes into keeping a website  up to date (and the cost) and paying someone isn't wroth it to many of the 65+ generation.  My mother has never owed a computer, ipad, cellphone and therefore does not have email or texting.  Somehow she gets through life even thought the rest of us would find it impossible.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, Jon Haigwood said:

There are 3 fotki pages that show some of his offerings, Some of those are not available any more, Norm told me he has discontinued the bodies and 32 ford frames due to worn molds. Order his latest price sheet it will have his current items plus some new ones not on the fotki pages. 

The fotki pages were put up by some of his customers and are greatly appreciated.

https://public.fotki.com/crstan/replican-and-miniat/replicas-and-miniat/

https://public.fotki.com/mamaprez/model-car-aftermark/replicas--miniature/

https://public.fotki.com/IceMan555/resin-archives/replicas-miniatures/all/?fbclid=IwAR2Z3142hojqyggArtOuQxWTCsGcaY3tkUCfKpweiB93VTqsOHki81EOBnk

His latest price sheet

RMCM-2019-Price-List-New-Releases-Order-Form-1-File.pdf 7.09 MB · 63 downloads

Fair warning:

Do not look at those fotki links unless you're ready to spend some money. 

Placed my order last week... :)

On 10/7/2019 at 10:59 AM, restoman said:

Fair warning:

Do not look at those fotki links unless you're ready to spend some money. 

Placed my order last week... :)

Tell me about it, I went from $50 to $125 in the blink of an eye!

And it was worth every penny!

• 1 month later...

Got my order from Norm today, and all I can say is: WOW! 

It took slightly longer than he said it would - and he apologized for that repeatedly, but it wasn't a big deal by any means - but it was well worth any wait time.

Those Halibrands... oh my! :)

I have a feeling my credit card is gonna be smoking from overuse! ;)

56 minutes ago, restoman said:

Got my order from Norm today, and all I can say is: WOW! 

It took slightly longer than he said it would - and he apologized for that repeatedly, but it wasn't a big deal by any means - but it was well worth any wait time.

Those Halibrands... oh my! :)

I have a feeling my credit card is gonna be smoking from overuse! ;)

Glad to hear.  Post some pictures if you can.  I know these pictures are too far away to zoom in on but for those of us in the Washington DC area we have the chance to buy his goodies almost every month.

IMG_6288.JPG

IMG_6289.JPG

IMG_6291.JPG

IMG_6292.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

Edited by vamach1

These pictures don't do justice to the parts...

When I was talking to Norm and asked him about the surfboards and the Lambretta scooters, he said they were out of production but if the molds were still good, he'd give them a go. Well, the molds were good enough because the parts are lovely. 

The Triumph Bonneville is uber cool!

I've done a little casting myself, just enough to know that he takes a LOT of care in what he does, and he must have his process perfected. Like I said, pics don't do justice to the parts!

He apologized several times because it took slightly longer than he said. That was not an issue with me. These pieces are worth the wait time!

RM 1.jpg

RM 2.jpg

RM 3.jpg

RM 4.jpg

RM 5.jpg

RM 6.jpg

RM 7.jpg

RM 8.jpg

RM 9.jpg

RM 10.jpg

RM 11.jpg

Edited by restoman

Going back about 5 or 6 years ago, I had placed an order with Norm and among the items was a resin copy of the snow plow set up that MPC put in some Jeeps back in the early 70's. I had a couple of Jeeps laying around and thought it would be cool to get a plow from Norm. It was around this time that Revell came out with the GMC Pickup that has the snow plow in it. When I got my order from Norm, he wrote me a note saying how the plow in the Revell kit was a much nicer piece and that he wasn't going to cast his any more because of it and he included a check for what the plow cost. Now most people would have tossed the plow in and called it a day, but Norm went out of his way to steer me to a better piece and write a note detailing why.  If that alone doesn't speak to his integrity and the quality of his product, not sure what does. Going to miss his products when he retires, much like Don and Carol.