Model Cars Magazine Forum

59´Cadillac Eldorado Seville Hardtop 1/25 Monogram

Fairfax

Hello, everyone. The Eldorado by Monogram is probably a bit of a rarity now. For how old the kit is, it's very high-quality and detailed, beautifully worked and a massive front and back mask with a bumper. It built impeccably, everything fit beautifully. Except for two things. 1. The body was into the propeller, and even the roof wasn't quite OK. But an easy fix. The immersion in boiling water and body straightened itself, to my surprise. The roof no longer quite. 2. Even with a nearly finished model, the chassis with the bodywork could not be clicked. I couldn't find what was in the way, the windows were right, they weren't pushed down, so I cut, sharpened, thinned and without result. Still the chassis peered under the lower edge of the body of about 3- 4mm. That's how it came down to the greatest power I had in my fingers and squeezed it in. That finally spoiled an otherwise nice impression of the kit. Black gunze paint, semi-dome roof, 2K varnish, chromium unpainted.

DSC018.JPG

DSC011.JPG

DSC012.JPG

DSC014.JPG

DSC022.JPG

DSC012.JPG

DSC09.JPG

• Like 1

That is a nice piece of work on that Caddy. The vinyl top is great and the black paint job is beautiful. You might consider touching up the the chromed area immediately behind the headlight housings. It's not indicated in the instructions for either RM '59 Caddy kit; but, that part is body colored on the actual car.

1214416837_59caddy.jpg.421b2dac04aa95b8ac3eb8612db4f0ad.jpg

47 minutes ago, Fairfax said:

Thank you pretty much everyone. For Joe:  Oouu wow. Well, I totally missed that. I laugh at myself, what an inattentive mess I am. Thank you so much for alerting Joe. ?

A lot of modelers miss that. I did the first time I built it.

19 minutes ago, charger74 said:

Official mafia staff car !!! Great looking cady

The trunk easily seats six dead guys in suits with plenty of room for shovels and bags of quicklime.

• 2 weeks later...