Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sal Tovella Superbird

yellowsportwagon

On 9/20/2019 at 7:53 AM, yellowsportwagon said:

I love this car. Sal was a Chicago guy. I had to do one of his cars. The color is 1970 Cadillac Cinnamon Firemist.

Thanks for the info. I saw the USAC stockers run at Texas World Speedway back in the seventys. It was a dual race with stockers first and then indy cars. I think it was around 1972 but I'm nor sure.  I think Johncock won the stock car race but I cant remember who won the indy car race.

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Thanks for the info. I saw the USAC stockers run at Texas World Speedway back in the seventys. It was a dual race with stockers first and then indy cars. I think it was around 1972 but I'm nor sure.  I think Johncock won the stock car race but I cant remember who won the indy car race.

Was Johncock in a Chevelle for that race. Numbered 25?

18 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

The yellow 28 car was Hoss Ellington’s car circa 73-4 . Wasn’t this car was it

6750EC4A-C502-4577-977D-0C1D89DB2680.jpeg

As it turns out that twin race I went to see was  in 1973. 

that was the first time usac had the twin  race at texas world. I found results for the indy car part of the dual races but nothing for the stock car race. I really can't remember that 25 car at all. Other than Racing Reference I have no idea how to find the results for that 73 stock car twin race. Like I said I might be misremembering about that yellow 28 car.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a big fan of the old USAC stock car series. I attended several at the Milwaukee Mile and Kaukauna. It’s always interesting to see them modeled so well. I’ve built a few myself. A Jack Bowser Torino. A Don White and Butch Hartman Dodge. I have a Dick Trickle Fairlane and Norm Nelson Road Runner in the works, but I’m in need of decals to finish them up. Might anyone have any suggestions as to where I might get them?

11 hours ago, Racersonly said:

I’m a big fan of the old USAC stock car series. I attended several at the Milwaukee Mile and Kaukauna. It’s always interesting to see them modeled so well. I’ve built a few myself. A Jack Bowser Torino. A Don White and Butch Hartman Dodge. I have a Dick Trickle Fairlane and Norm Nelson Road Runner in the works, but I’m in need of decals to finish them up. Might anyone have any suggestions as to where I might get them?

I have mine custom made for me. Pm me.