Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Cars Do You Like Every Year Of?

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

My understanding was that the original intention of the OP was to determine vehicles that you liked "EVERY YEAR" of, from the beginning of the model, until it's demise or until today.

If we are allowed to pick particular time spans, I can think of a million of them.

If we are talking about a particular make or model over it's entire lifespan, it's much more difficult.

As an example, I could pick the Dodge Charger, but then I would have to include these......Blech!!

image.png.52e19d2e24bd02d10d572e0792030620.png

image.png.1b6d0d8eaa2321ba17e8a9f320f2fe25.png

If I chose the Plymouth Road Runner, unfortunately I would need to include this!

image.png.3e1ebe7e630081ecc67d167bfcf6870e.png

There aren't a lot of cars that I could say that I like every model year of.

It would likely have to be a very short lived model like the Plymouth Barracuda.

Steve

Good point, and with that, for me, the only one that comes close would be the corvette. Initially, I was going to say chevelle/Malibu, but then I’d have to lump in the modern versions——- yuck....

46 minutes ago, tbill said:

Good point, and with that, for me, the only one that comes close would be the corvette. Initially, I was going to say chevelle/Malibu, but then I’d have to lump in the modern versions——- yuck....

Even the Corvette lost me in the 80s

No appeal for me whatsoever!

Steve

image.png.ed91b40b42b0a4db908c194180170ef2.png

1 hour ago, tbill said:

I lost interest in the Vette after '73... ??? Same with the Camaros.... Mustangs, Chevelles...

6 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

My understanding was that the original intention of the OP was to determine vehicles that you liked "EVERY YEAR" of, from the beginning of the model, until it's demise or until today.

That is why I specified RWD Chevelle, since the name sort of morphed into Malibu over the later years.

3 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

That is why I specified RWD Chevelle, since the name sort of morphed into Malibu over the later years.

I had a1969 Chevelle Malibu with a 350 engine.  Technically, the last "Chevelle Malibu" was made in '77.  In '78, Chevy dropped the "Chevelle" and from then on they were just "Malibu"(per Wikipedia).  My Grandmother had a '75 Chevelle Malibu and I even liked the look of it.  It had those Grandma miles on it.?

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Every year of? Henry J, Willys Aero or Nash Metropolitan I guess. Same (with minor trim shuffles) from beginning to end, so if I like one, I like 'em all. Extra points to the Henry J for only having ONE body style. tango_face_grin.png.b9d0145242990263e46d9493d4418f09.png

Are going to include the Sears All-State? ?image.jpeg.8c57751bb951d53f5015979359d94343.jpeg

Edited by 1930fordpickup

Tough question when you think about every iteration of some cars and the ways some manufacturers try to resurrect name plates (as Steven G has pointed out).  If you like the VW Beetle, does that include the New Beetle and not just the Type 1, or Mustang fans get the Mustang II as well?  The only one for me so far is the Lotus Esprit.  Produced from 1976 to 2004 in two basic body styles with various mods and upgrades.  Both stand out in the world of two-seat, mid-engine sports cars.

Lotus_Esprit_S2_1980.jpg.401b9933dc1a205b7060b73d69e526f1.jpg

1280px-1999_Lotus_Esprit_V8_type_918.jpg.a5b324bad143b82e548281c857fa3ebd.jpg

On 9/21/2019 at 2:24 PM, djflyer said:

If you like the VW Beetle, does that include the New Beetle and not just the Type 1, or Mustang fans get the Mustang II as well? 

Funny, those are the 2 on my list. I did list the Beetle as Type 1 only. I guess I could include the newer ones as I think they are not that bad.

As far as the Mustang goes.....YES!!! Every single Ford Mustang ever made I love. Especially the Mustang II as I owned one and loved it!

LONG LIVE THE MUSTANG II...........?

ToYVIdx.jpg