Model Cars Magazine Forum

21 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

There was, but they were concerned with things like Cords and Duesenbergs.

No doubt moaning about how the new cars all looked the same, and how nobody built anything with any style anymore.

I'm looking at that yellow Ford pickup.  Too bad there were no modern "experts" around back then to set him right about his choices, huh?

Looking at those photos, it's pretty obvious that none of these guys gave a hang about tradition.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:04 AM, Scott8950 said:

Its a shame drag racing is nothing like this anymore! 

I agree entirely. When the cars began to go all cookie-cutter, that's pretty much when I lost interest. Naturally, as the sport developed, some things were found to actually work, and some things didn't. In true survival-of-the-fittest style, technical development and understanding tended to make competitive cars more closely resemble each other. The result was the "impossible" speeds we see today...pretty dammed impressive...but at the cost of the fascinating individuality the cars used to have. But there's still some fun stuff out there...

42 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I agree entirely. When the cars began to go all cookie-cutter, that's pretty much when I lost interest. Naturally, as the sport developed, some things were found to actually work, and some things didn't. In true survival-of-the-fittest style, technical development and understanding tended to make competitive cars more closely resemble each other. The result was the "impossible" speeds we see today...pretty dammed impressive...but at the cost of the fascinating individuality the cars used to have. But there's still some fun stuff out there...

yes i agree but nothing nearly as exciting as back then.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 11:28 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

This one was at Hot Rod Drag Week. I was able to take off from work and  go on Wednesday at Atco Raceway in New Jersey. It was an AWESOME time and full of neat cars like this Bel Air.  Love all the old drag cars in this post!

• 3 weeks later...