Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Kenworth K123

Now that's a coincidence, I was just looking through the box of the same kit with a mind to making a start at the weekend and wondering what surprises were in store, apart from quite a lot of flash on some parts and a broken track rod end it dos'nt look too bad ( I just know I am going to regret saying that later) doing a check of the parts I thought I was missing a set of steps for the passenger side but then discovered from the plans that they were only on the drivers side (strange) it must have been a bit of a scrabble to get in for the second driver/passenger?

Its great that you have posted the photo's of your finished Kenworth now, as I can use them as reference as well as the plans and pictures on the box, yours as come out really great despite the problems you say you had with the build, I am thinking that the kit I have is a later one than the first AMT kits as it was advertised as a AMT round 2 kit ? maybe it will go together better than the earlier ones ( ah ah I here you laughing)

I was also wondering what period of time this kit covers in the build history of the Kenworth k100/k123 story, I know it is early to mid seventies but it would be helpful to have a little more information on the build years, it dos'nt give you anything on the box.

Anyway yours looks great, nice one!!!! 

1 hour ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks great! Nice work!! What color is that? It has that slightly sun faded look. I like it!!

Thats Rust-oleum  2x gloss Coral,the photos dont really look like the color actually is.On my computer it almost appears pink

20 minutes ago, CRUSADER2 said:

Now that's a coincidence, I was just looking through the box of the same kit with a mind to making a start at the weekend and wondering what surprises were in store, apart from quite a lot of flash on some parts and a broken track rod end it dos'nt look too bad ( I just know I am going to regret saying that later) doing a check of the parts I thought I was missing a set of steps for the passenger side but then discovered from the plans that they were only on the drivers side (strange) it must have been a bit of a scrabble to get in for the second driver/passenger?

Its great that you have posted the photo's of your finished Kenworth now, as I can use them as reference as well as the plans and pictures on the box, yours as come out really great despite the problems you say you had with the build, I am thinking that the kit I have is a later one than the first AMT kits as it was advertised as a AMT round 2 kit ? maybe it will go together better than the earlier ones ( ah ah I here you laughing)

I was also wondering what period of time this kit covers in the build history of the Kenworth k100/k123 story, I know it is early to mid seventies but it would be helpful to have a little more information on the build years, it dos'nt give you anything on the box.

Anyway yours looks great, nice one!!!! 

I thought the same about the steps too,took a minuet for me to realize there was none!Another point was putting the interior tub in.The instructions want you to install the tub before the lower body  side panels but i was able to do it after gluing them on but it is very tight.I did that as to be able to paint the cab in on piece.I dident go real deep into the history of the truck but i was able to find several good photos to help me along with this build

Thank you everyone for the kind words

Edited by Spruslayer