Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 445

This time I was looking for the last car that a former luxury, elegant and expensive car manufacturer had build, a 1958 Packard 58LY8 Town Sedan. Some of you mentioned Hawk, Packardbaker, President or even Packard. The Hawk was in 1958 the 2 door Hardtop. President was a name in the Studebaker lineup. The Packards (for 1957 and 1958) were essentially Studebaker Presidents with large amounts of bright work. These vehicles were referred to as "Packardbakers" by comedians. The owner of the Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum told me during my 2001visit of this wonderful Packard Museum in Ft.Lauderdale/Fl. The the last real Packard was build in 1949. The So called "Packards" as he said had nothing to do with the real Packard before 1949. There are just Studebakers., After his death in 2010 also these Packard where shwon in the museum. I was really surprised to see a Hawk in the collection in 2013.

The correct answer were sent in by

Ace-Garageguy

Bucky

Richard Bartrop

Thom

RogerU

blunc

ChrisR

dodgefever

TarheelRick

landman

dw1603