Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Porsche 911 RSR 2.1 Martini decals

Hi,

I've been looking at the Studio27 version of this marvelous livery for the 911 RSR 2.1.  I'm assuming that one has to paint the red portions on the model before applying decals?

I was hoping that the red portion was also included but it's not.  I think this is beyond my pay grade.

martini.jpg

Edited by aurfalien

Oh you can do it.  The blue stripes are wide enough to give you some leeway.  Almost the whole side between the fenders is red with decals for the white.  If the drawings are actual size, you could get measuerments for reference points for the tape lines.  And if you missed by a bit, move the decal just a bit.  I bet the real car wasn't perfect either.  most race cars aren't.  Good luck with if you move forward.   Or send it all to me.  Looks like fun!

On 9/25/2019 at 5:27 AM, randyc said:

Oh you can do it.  The blue stripes are wide enough to give you some leeway.  Almost the whole side between the fenders is red with decals for the white.  If the drawings are actual size, you could get measuerments for reference points for the tape lines.  And if you missed by a bit, move the decal just a bit.  I bet the real car wasn't perfect either.  most race cars aren't.  Good luck with if you move forward.   Or send it all to me.  Looks like fun!

Thank you Randy.  Well I don't have them and probably won't be getting them.

8 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Thank you Randy.  Well I don't have them and probably won't be getting them.

Well that is a holdup... ?   I used to build NASCAR models and the crazier the paint, the better to me.   So I learned to figure out how to paint the colers and breaks so they worked with the decals.   It's challenging, but it can be done.