Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Plymouth Fury

StevenGuthmiller

This turned out fantastic. It has to be the best build of this kit that I've ever seen. This is pretty much what I like to do with my builds - take an old kit that is a bit simplified and improve it by using newer kits as parts donors, creating something that not everyone has on their shelf. This Fury is just perfect. Especially the engine bay looks like you could fire it up any moment.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:16 AM, Mr.Zombie said:

Super great!

4 hours ago, W-409 said:

This turned out fantastic. It has to be the best build of this kit that I've ever seen. This is pretty much what I like to do with my builds - take an old kit that is a bit simplified and improve it by using newer kits as parts donors, creating something that not everyone has on their shelf. This Fury is just perfect. Especially the engine bay looks like you could fire it up any moment.

2 hours ago, 59-Desoto said:

Jaw dropping gorgeous , no doubt a labor of love 

Thanks so much guys!

I appreciate the kind comments.

I was actually quite surprised at how much I enjoyed working on this project regardless of how involved it got.

Steve

17 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Beautiful work right down to the inspection sticker in the windshield!  Love it!!

Thank you Bill!

I picked up a sheet of those inspection stickers on ebay several years ago.

I don't remember who the vendor was, but they have kind of become a signature of mine for the past few years. ^_^

Steve

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Absolutely beautiful! Your wheel & tire choice and "sit" are perfect. In fact, it's difficult to imagine a more perfect build of this model. Well done and model on! B)

Thank you Snake!

The wheels, tires and stance were all a pretty large consideration on this one as they were a bit of a departure from my usual factory stock build. :)

I was pretty happy with how it all came out.

Thanks again!

Steve

5 hours ago, Sixties Sam said:

Very nice! I like the finish, wheels, and the hood springs are a nice touch!

Sam

Thanks Sam!

The hood springs seem like a fairly prominent feature under the hood of these 60s Mopars, so I thought that being as I was doing all of this under hood scratch building and detailing I should try to represent them in some way.

I was a little worried about how they would work out, but it came together pretty well.

Steve