Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Plymouth Fury

StevenGuthmiller

3 hours ago, Lorne said:

Can you please tell me what color you used to paint the carbs? they also look like a flat colour. They look great!!

Thank you Lorne!

I used a mixture of Alclad "Polished Aluminum" with just a drop of Alclad "Pale Gold".

It gives the carbs a metal like look with a slight gold hue without being too gold.

I save a quarter of a bottle of Polished Aluminum, add enough Pale Gold to achieve the color that I want and then keep it on hand just for carbs.

Steve

• 1 year later...

Looking at this build is almost like reading an epic novel. What a gorgeous, immaculately detailed beauty. You mentioned the wheels were pieced together. Can you share some details on that? A link to the build thread for those of us who missed it the first time around?

Edited by Dave Darby

7 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

Looking at this build is almost like reading an epic novel. What a gorgeous, immaculately detailed beauty. You mentioned the wheels were pieced together. Can you share some details on that? A link to the build thread for those of us who missed it the first time around?

The wheels were constructed using a set of Torque Thrusts from the AMT ‘62 Chevy for their basis.

I ground off the outer rim down to the spokes and replaced the rim with a set of custom rims from an AMT ‘67 Ford Galaxie kit that I had leftover.

Then I ground off the center caps and replaced them with a set from a Revell  Mustang kit.

If you want to view the build thread, the easiest way would be to go to my profile, click on the “activity” tab and then click on the “topics” tab under the “forums” heading on the left of the page.

The build thread is at the very bottom of page 2 under the heading, “ ‘65 Fury. Back on the Bench”.

get your reading glasses ready.

The thread is 19 pages long! 😀

Steve