Model Cars Magazine Forum
BIGTRUCK

Lil Gasser show rod

In the Lil Gasser show rod (Buyers Choice) the box is filled to the top with parts. I found the cab and barrel parts for the Lil Mixer and chrome tree for Lil Yeller inside. Just a little bonus for that something extra.😁 Picture 2 shows Lil Gasser tank, Picture 3,  flip the bag, Lil Mixer parts. Last picture are parts that dont belong. Can make or repair another kit with extras.

IMG_20190926_175751915.jpg

IMG_20190926_161245770.jpg

IMG_20190926_161316975.jpg

IMG_20190926_161625732.jpg

IMG_20190926_162803584.jpg

When that kit came out it was like Christmas!!! With just a little work I was able to build a Lil Mixer.....long before it was ever reissued. LOTS of bonus goodies in that box!! 

mixer01.jpg

A little more work and I was able to make a Lil Yeller too......

YELLER7a.JPG

yeller1.jpg

Edited by Dave Van

I opted for the Lil' Gassser instead of the Mixer............................................................................

image.png.48e1c90bd9dd44ec9eaf2a827115f1ce.png

image.png.19974e0616e14bb8b019e63e41d2a92c.png

On 9/27/2019 at 12:09 PM, Dave Van said:

When that kit came out it was like Christmas!!! With just a little work I was able to build a Lil Mixer.....long before it was ever reissued. LOTS of bonus goodies in that box!! 

mixer01.jpg

A little more work and I was able to make a Lil Yeller too......

YELLER7a.JPG

yeller1.jpg

Nice show rods Dave

I noticed this year there aren't a lot of those goofy rods being issued. I have the most recent reissue of this and liked it.

I hope they come back out next year with a few of the caricature rods as I call them, love them!

Here's a link to a previous review.

On 9/29/2019 at 12:29 PM, hpiguy said:

I noticed this year there aren't a lot of those goofy rods being issued. I have the most recent reissue of this and liked it.

I hope they come back out next year with a few of the caricature rods as I call them, love them!

R2/AMT will reissue only a few of the showrod type kits a year. There are a few more that CAN be reissued but it will be 2020 before we see them. A few of the vintage kits are gone forever and retooling them would not  get the needed ROI.....but there are still others we have yet to see.