Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Silhouette, Gunze-Sangyo, 1/24

Matt Bacon

No build thread for this one, since it's a really simple kit, intended to be motorised: it probably originates elsewhere than Gunze (Eidei-Grip maybe). That said, it's well-shaped and the detail on the body is fine and crisp.

very-low-left-front-17mm.jpg

left-front.jpg

low-front-right-corner.jpg

right-front.jpg

high-rear-right-2.jpg

high-rear-left.jpg

low-left-side.jpg

right-profile.jpg

two-generations.jpg

with-mag.jpg

The inspiration for this speedy build: Octane from a couple of months ago...

Paint is Humbrol Bronze for the body, Brass for the wheels.

Another quirky 70s shape to add to the shelves, and the beginning of the line of "baby" Lambos of which the Huracan is the current iteration...

best,

M.

Only because I love the subject..... (that's so subjective isn't it) .... what a cool project!  I had considered that color when doing the Aerovette, but decided it didn't compliment, in this case it looks great!    Well done.  The real ones are scarce and becoming unobtanium.

• 1 year later...
On 9/28/2019 at 9:43 AM, Matt Bacon said:

[...]

The inspiration for this speedy build: Octane from a couple of months ago...

[...]

Hey Matt, since you had posted this, and I left a comment, picked up two of these kits, the Gunze Sangyo version and the Testors, same mold.  I see there is the capability to do light bulbs for the front lights.  Could the tire/wheels be pushed outward, maybe so some Dremel removal of the flares inside?  I was looking to see what other colors they came in, this car is all over the net.

I think the stance is a bit low at the back.. the rear wheels don’t actually go up inside the flares, so you can move them out to almost the full width of the flares. The fronts can come out a bit, and thinning the interior of the flared arches will still give them room to turn. As for colours, I’ve seen white, red and charcoal grey metallic as well. Good job on finding them!

best,

M.

34 minutes ago, e30lover said:

Very nice rare kit done in unique color combo! What did you use to drybrush the tires? 

@e30lover Thank you. If I remember correctly, the tire logos were dry brushed (well, actually, more "across brushed"... I dragged a lightly loaded fine paintbrush sideways just above the tire surface) with Vallejo acrylic "Foundation White" which is a very densely pigmented and quite thick pure white. Once it was dry, any paint in the wrong place could easily be removed with a sharp cocktail stick/toothpick...

best,

M.

9 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

I think the stance is a bit low at the back.. the rear wheels don’t actually go up inside the flares, so you can move them out to almost the full width of the flares. The fronts can come out a bit, and thinning the interior of the flared arches will still give them room to turn. As for colours, I’ve seen white, red and charcoal grey metallic as well. Good job on finding them!

best,

M.

Thank you for the response.  I'm painting a non-factory color, just because I can.  ?

• 3 months later...