Model Cars Magazine Forum
Matt Bacon

Lamborghini Silhouette, Gunze-Sangyo, 1/24

No build thread for this one, since it's a really simple kit, intended to be motorised: it probably originates elsewhere than Gunze (Eidei-Grip maybe). That said, it's well-shaped and the detail on the body is fine and crisp.

very-low-left-front-17mm.jpg

left-front.jpg

low-front-right-corner.jpg

right-front.jpg

high-rear-right-2.jpg

high-rear-left.jpg

low-left-side.jpg

right-profile.jpg

two-generations.jpg

with-mag.jpg

The inspiration for this speedy build: Octane from a couple of months ago...

Paint is Humbrol Bronze for the body, Brass for the wheels.

Another quirky 70s shape to add to the shelves, and the beginning of the line of "baby" Lambos of which the Huracan is the current iteration...

best,

M.

Very attractive model. The kit seems to miss the mark slightly on proportions, but you've done a fine job with it nonetheless. Nice work.

Great looking model - and beautifully photographed too.

I remember building one of these as a kid in the 80s. Testors box and I loved it and played with it.  It's long gone now but I do have another one in my stash to build. Yours looks great!

That is a wonderful job. Looking at the finished model its hard to believe it came from such a basic kit. Well done.

Looks great Matt, have always liked the Silhouette.

Dave B

Looks good, well done, I really like seeing the car next to the magazine pictures, it shows the origin and how faithful you were to the original.  Nice work.

Nice build, Matt....... from a simple kit as you say...... just shows what an experienced model builder can do with a very basic kit.

David

Thanks, all... I enjoyed this one as a quick, simple build. The only addition was that I used some strips of black foam sheet glued to the wheel arch edges to stop "see-through." They flexed as the body went on and then popped out to fill the gaps...

best,

M.

Only because I love the subject..... (that's so subjective isn't it) .... what a cool project!  I had considered that color when doing the Aerovette, but decided it didn't compliment, in this case it looks great!    Well done.  The real ones are scarce and becoming unobtanium.

Cant believe i missed this!....i've built this before, and it is a fun, relaxing build, with great parts-fit....i have another one to do some time. Thanks for sharing this Beautiful...rarely seen car!!!