Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model King 1965 Comet Cyclone

dmthamade

Well, done with this one. Need to confess, was really a challenge to finish this one. Not used to car models or working in smaller sizes. Enough of the excuses, pics below.

Khot1V.jpg

RHSJKI.jpg

20KvLD.jpg

td6PNx.jpg

Ivg4iY.jpg

Bare-Metal foil was a real challenge to do, did ok with it but there are rough spots. Will have to practice with that.

Don

1 hour ago, TooOld said:

Always a challenge stepping out of one's comfort zone but it looks like you're getting the hang of it , excellent job !   And BMF does takes some practice but it's worth it ! :D

I agree 100%. Cars looks great 

I left a lot out. I painted this with Tamiya Dark Copper XF-28. Nothing special done, but i've learned a few things to watch for when buildig cars. There are things i need to watch for, especially regarding finishes. One thing i did wrong, and i know better not to, i glued in the clears with super glue. The windshield and back light frosted up. Pulled the back window to clean and made a mess of the Bare-Metal, had to redo...it's a start. Thanks for the support, guys.

Don

It does look like gold color coat, but it is dark copper. In some light it looks pink at times. Nothing bad really stands out as far as the build goes, normal stuff, clean up parts, flash removal, dryfitdryfitdryfit. Pedals look odd, gas pedal looks too big, other two maybe too high? Steering column angle looks like it should be shallower. Interior side panels are missing a panel line for the door gap. Part 41 rear body panel sticks out, should fit flush with rear of body. Used a piece of stretched sprue to temporarily spread the rear to properly fit part 41 and rear bumper. Part 40 stone shield has a odd fit, dryfit and trim before painting. Fitting the headers and tie rods required patience and holding your tongue just right. Can't vouch for accuracy, looks like a Comet to me.

Don