Model Cars Magazine Forum

Artesania Latina Cutty Sark

• 1 month later...

Brilliant work on this!

It's a shame about spilling the tray of bits, were you able to recover them all?

I guess it may be difficult to know for certain until you near completion.

Thank you for continuing to share your progress.

David G.

• 1 year later...

Nice build.   The Cutty Sark, a stalwart for ship modellers.  Plenty of plastic and wooden kits available and plenty of books and references including the ship itself at Greenwich.

To anyone contemplating building a model of the ship, the very best set of plans available are the George Campbell drawings available from the Cutty Sark Trust.

That is a good looking ship. Couple years ago or so I was on a wood boat/ship kits. They are tough. As I recall I believe you gave me some great tips to help me get through them. The toughest wood kit, well of any kit has got to be the kit of the old Russian submarine I built. I never thought I would get through it.

More work on this one, did some more to the sails rigging and made a start on the rear boats station.

IMG-0091.jpg
IMG-0092.jpg
IMG-0093.jpg
IMG-0094.jpg

The supports for the rear boat station are too short (we'll in fact the first one is too short as the ship is wider there so I had to widen the gunwale to accommodate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...