Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevrolet El Camino

Hi guys, i have just finished putting the final touches on a build i completed 99% of 5-8 years ago. I'm happy to call it done now so i thought i'd share it with you all. It's a completely Box Stock Revell-Monogram kit.

thumbnail_20190824_154749-vi.jpg

thumbnail_20190824_154821-vi.jpg

thumbnail_20190824_154848-vi.jpg

thumbnail_20190824_154937-vi.jpg

thumbnail_20190824_155046-vi.jpg

thumbnail_20190824_155137-vi.jpg

Edited by Bespoke
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cpt Tuttle said:

I don't think that I have seen a cream Camino before, and when looking at this, I wonder why, I really like the combination. Were you replicating some factory colour or did you just pick one that you liked?

I actually built it as part of a 24 hour build challenge and the theme was 'commercial vehicle'. I thought the colour was suitably commercial and thats why i grabbed that can on the way to build off. Not much pre planning as it turns out. I got everything done except the Bare Metal Foil and door decals in the 24 hours but decided I liked it better without the signage. It actually turned out to be the best spray can paint job I've done even with minimal prep, minimal sanding and no polishing. 

Edited by Bespoke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...