Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Big Rig Build

Well this is my first big rig build although I started another kit  first, but was in over my head (the first "started" is a Freightliner SD/DD). Well, had this I found at a flea market and decided to use it as a warm up.

Just a simple mostly box build Revell Kenworth W900 snap kit. Color is Krylon Shimmer Black Cherry  with kit decals. I did move the front marker lights to their correct locations, filled the snap points at the rear of the sleeper by making the mount tabs shallower,  BMF on the rear fenders, used some leftover pieces of window tint on the sleeper glass and smoothed the seams in the fuel tanks. 

Really happy with it, just have a few touch ups and some small decal details to add.

Now to move back to the SD/DD...... 

I must add a big thanks to gotnitro for supplying my missing horn and drinkone2 for replacing my damaged decals.

IMG_20191003_013406[1].jpg

IMG_20191003_015726[1].jpg

IMG_20191003_015803[1].jpg

IMG_20191003_013454[1].jpg

Edited by Sledsel

Adding a few outdoor pics.

Thanks for the possitive feedback everyone! 

6 hours ago, Warren D said:

Looks great.  Building trucks can be addicting with the biggest problem being the room they take up when finished!

Correct, I have a truck want list now and was happy to see the White Western Star being released.

IMG_20191003_122804[1].jpg

IMG_20191003_122829[1].jpg

IMG_20191003_122907[1].jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...