Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 70 charger r/t

michelle

i got this kit last friday at a hobby shop west of the airport in cleveland ohio 
i saw a modern charger with a simular color layout and decal apps and two toned interior that matched the exterior in a parking lot of a resteraunt i ate lunch at over there and decided to mimic it with this 70 kit the only difference was  the real car was red and black not lime green and black like my 70 i built is 

i had some fit issues with the rear taillight panel/bumper/valance and with the front grille and ven though it was a new kit ther were some parts missing like the rear view mirror and couple small engine parts  i used a rear view mirror from my parts bags other then that and the uneven red lines the factory did on the tires it was a fun and easy to build kit 

IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2690.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2689.JPG

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_2693.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

24 minutes ago, thecrossguy said:

Waait wait wait wait wait.....Last week you bought the kit... and its done?  Wow that is a fast build.

Awesome job!!

thank you and yes i got it last friday and started it last saturday got  the final parts painted  monday  and clear coated  tuesday    and painted the interior and decaled most of the car  and built most of it on wednesday  did final assembly of body to chassis ,griile ,rear peice  and lower front valcence and wheels and tires and final few decals this morning   and took the pics after lunch 

1 hour ago, TarheelRick said:

Definitely one of your best yet, nice color choice.  Must disagree, the original '66-67 Charger was the best ever; loved that fastback look.

thank you  for me fastbacks  only work and look right on fords