Model Cars Magazine Forum
bh1701

Ferrari F50

Some photos of a Ferrari F50 I just completed. This is an old Tamiya kit I finally got around to building.

Thanks for looking!

Bart

P1010241.JPG.105689f8d70225ad4d4017a482cfccb9.JPG

P1010242.JPG.9468a568afe74fded845ce1c0d01339a.JPG

P1010254.JPG.36791c9a1851fff92205587163523f40.JPG

P1010247.JPG.4ec5717fb9cab6a497b1dcfb24a5b3af.JPG

P1010253.JPG.ec61b2c71c335e8cc3f92ab9140a0cd6.JPG

P1010251.JPG.266ed740dcdacc1328b3fd3ca6f6a4ee.JPG

She is absolutely gorgeous, Bart!!  I like the F50 in Yellow.

Very nice Ferrari. It's always nice to see a Ferrari in a color other than Red.

Came out really nice!  I have that kit, so nice to see one built.

she's a beauty,love the yellow color choice!.

7 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

That's a killer finish on this f50!

Thanks! The kit was molded in yellow and I intended to leave it that way;  but when I painted the black on the underside of the engine compartment lid, it visibly showed through the plastic and darkened the appearance of the yellow on the outside. So, I decided I needed to prime it and throw some paint (some shade of yellow from Tamiya) on it to prevent this. Painting it Ferrari red briefly crossed my mind, but I thought that the yellow was more eye-catching. I am glad I stayed with yellow!

6 hours ago, markx66 said:

wow yellow F50 looks good too

Thanks! I saw the red one you completed in another post and it looks good, too!

On 10/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, bh1701 said:

Thanks! The kit was molded in yellow and I intended to leave it that way;  but when I painted the black on the underside of the engine compartment lid, it visibly showed through the plastic and darkened the appearance of the yellow on the outside. So, I decided I needed to prime it and throw some paint (some shade of yellow from Tamiya) on it to prevent this. Painting it Ferrari red briefly crossed my mind, but I thought that the yellow was more eye-catching. I am glad I stayed with yellow!

Excatly the same thing happened to me! but I made this kit donkey's years ago - and I didn't want to spray it! so mine has a dark shade for the engine cover! your's looks fantastic though. Many people don't like this car, as it's not as visually appealing as teh F40. But I love it! and the GT version was my favourite on Xbox Forza when I had time to game....

Great job! The black line that runs along the length of the body, was this done just by masking tape? I built this model years ago but avoided doing that feature black line as I didn’t really know how to do it properly. It makes the model really stand out tho, well done