Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Rock, paper, scissors" inspired game

Cpt Tuttle

According to theoretical physics..."we can extract angular momentum from a black hole. By dropping material into the event horizon, we can remove energy and slow its rotation. We can even bring it to a stop. So we can slow down its spin, but that won’t make it go away.

So, is that it, are we out of options? Good news, we have one last strategy, and it’s so crazy it just might work. According to Stephen Hawking, black holes can actually evaporate over enormous periods of time.

Virtual pairs of particles are constantly popping into existence all around us. Then they recombine in a flash and disappear from the Universe. When one of these particle pairs appears right on the edge of a black hole, one particle falls into the black hole, and the other is free to fly off into space. And here’s the amazing thing. This might actually reduce the overall mass of the black hole.

So, over an incomprehensible period of time, even the most supermassive of the black holes will have evaporated away into a harmless soup of particles. It turns out, in order to defeat the black hole menace, all we need to do is ignore them, and they’ll go away all on their own."

Time to send in a Warthog again...but don't forget the flares. That relatively low-and-slow attack profile makes a pretty good target for IR-seeking SAMs otherwise.

NOTE: I originally posted a vid of the A-10's abilities that was much more illustrative, but it probably would have been deemed unsuitable for all audiences, or at the very least, "political".

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

9 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Time to send in a Warthog again...but don't forget the flares. That relatively low-and-slow attack profile makes a pretty good target for IR-seeking SAMs otherwise.

NOTE: I originally posted a vid of the A-10's abilities that was much more illustrative, but it probably would have been deemed unsuitable for all audiences, or at the very least, "political".

Spent 9 years in the AF as a pilot.  I've seen what the Thunderbolt II is capable of an it is definitely impressive not only for the GAU-8 cannon but also the amount of damage it can take.  There are photos out there of them coming home missing a good chunk of win or half the horizontal stabilizer or having and entire engine blown off. Defintily can take as good as it gives.

I think it is time to let someone else step in and handle this one, though I do know the one major weapon that will get a hog pilots attention.