Model Cars Magazine Forum

best model car parts

His resin listings change occasionally, apparently as he casts stuff to fill demand. I've been very happy overall with his parts and kits.

His Corvair rampside pickup, for example, is about as good as resin gets when it's not a copy of vintage styrene parts.

He does a split-window Bug too, by the way.

I saw something on Facebook today... Okey Spaulding will have a few copies of some of his kits at the final NNL Nationals this coming weekend.  He will have a number of the Corvair pickups, and a sprinkling of a few other kits.  Someone asked him if he'd sell now, and he said to contact him for whatever is left over after the show.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:33 PM, stitchdup said:

Does anyone have up to date contact details for bestmodelcarparts? I would like one of their hebmuller conversions but the website is just an empty template

Best Model Car Parts (Michael Hanson)  email:  info@bestmodelcarparts.com

I actually contacted him today and he replied fairly quickly

Edited by BDSchindler

12 hours ago, BDSchindler said:

Best Model Car Parts (Michael Hanson)  email:  info@bestmodelcarparts.com

I actually contacted him today and he replied fairly quickly

I've been communicationg with him through ebay, very helpful gentleman and he's going to do his best to help me out, but then I'm asking for somet.hing thats not currently in production. No complaints about his service form me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 10:56 AM, stitchdup said:

My hebmuller and 56 arrived today. Great service and fantastic resin too. I will happily recommend it to the vw fans

Good to know. I expected as much after seeing the Corvair truck, but it's nice to have confirmation prior to purchase.

I need both an oval and a split-window.  :D

18 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I have his 1950 Olds wagon.  Wonderful piece, Modelhaus quality!

I saw Mike at the NNL show in Chatsworth, CA, right after he released that Olds wagon in May 2014.  I was buying the Olds kit, and Mike explained how he created the master for the wagon.  It was mind-boggling. He's a real perfectionist, and pointed out a couple of kit parts he modified until they looked exactly right.  Wish I could remember what those parts were. But they had nothing to do with a '50 Olds.

He and his family used to hit all the model shows in the Los Angeles area. They were really nice people and I always enjoyed visiting with them.  He had a young daughter who was already building models, and already doing incredible paint jobs. That was probably genetic...

Appologies for the dark pics but i have a lot of trouble getting pics of white resin so this was the best i could do. I have included a tamiya body with the oval so all the changes can be seen. The heb will be getting a 356 engine from firerods and possibly some highlight model studio bomber seats and scale production 17 inch 356 rims for an outlaw porsche theme

DSC05628.JPG

DSC05629.JPG

DSC05630.JPG

DSC05627.JPG