Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 AMC Marlin

W-409

1 hour ago, A modeler named mike said:

I too have been trying to score a 66 Marlin kit (molded in blue) for sometime and I just picked one up from eBay yesterday. I never thought I'd be paying well over $100.00 for a model kit although I have several times now for some hard to find complete kits. 

Welcome aboard, Mike! Good to have you here! B)

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Welcome aboard, Mike! Good to have you here! B)

Thanks! and Hello to you. You do look a bit familiar? Lol.. I stop by from time to time to listen to worthy opinions and insights on kits that I'm interested in purchasing. I've missed out on numerous Marlins on eBay's auctions and I just couldn't let this one slip away.  Funny thing is..when I was a kid I thought they were a odd/ugly car. This kit will sit nestled on a shelf along with many others waiting to be brought to live..that is..when I can get the time to build them. 

I love this kit in fact i love any car kit that came from JoHan they may not have had the detail most guys like today but they had better then most others did pluse cars that no one else had back in the 60's for the last 20 years i have been picking up these kits were ever i have found them or a good deal on them i about 80 unbuild kits now and i have 3 of these in the blue i picked the 3 at one time 14 years ago at a street sale in Chicago it was a guy that had a old mom and pap store that went under he had a small toy area i got all 3 unbuilt and in perfect shape for $15.00 $5 each I have started to build one and it will be as a base stock unit with just small mods i also have the 66 sales book and the base model had the in line six as standard equipment and dog dish caps i got the 6 from Motor City Resin and the Caps from Missinglink resin.