Model Cars Magazine Forum

58´Chevy Impala fiction NASCAR 1/25 AMT

Fairfax

Hello, everyone! I hope you don't mind if I share with you and my fictional nonsense. It is true that I will rest with them at most. The kit is a classic civilian stock version. Sharpened all the chrome bars. I stuck the opening door hard. One racer seat left in the interior. Finished protective cage, tin-covered lights, tailpipes to the sides. The decals are mine, only the engine power on the hood is cannibalized from NASCAR 57 'Ford Fireball Roberts, I have two and a small advertising logo from the stock. I have a total of 5 Impala scheduled for racing fictional editing. I just finished the second one so soon I'll add and the other three are in the works. Thank you for watching.

DSC014.JPG

DSC021.JPG

DSC020.JPG

DSC022.JPG

DSC023.JPG

DSC024.JPG

DSC025.JPG

DSC026.JPG

DSC027.JPG

DSC07.JPG

DSC08.JPG

DSC09.JPG

DSC010.JPG

DSC011.JPG

DSC013.JPG

DSC01.JPG

DSC03.JPG

DSC04.JPG

DSC05.JPG

Outstanding! I'm working on a couple of home made old Nascar projects myself. I'm curious about the decals. I've made printed decals on my ink jet but they only work on light colored cars. What method did you use to make the light colored decals opaque enough to work on the dark colored models?

small#3.jpg

small#2.jpg

small#1.jpg

Edited by Shambles

Thank you so much to all the boys for the nice words.  :-)

For John Shamblin: Hello, colleague! I had the same problem as you. I was starting to print on the printer's laser, but it was only possible to put the print on the white of the base. Then I found this:  www.vinar.cz Try writing there, while it is in the Czech Republic, it also sends abroad and can be switched to English. You design decals yourself for paper size in A4 format. It just needs to be done in a vector program. And there's also a problem with lining numbers and letters. The main colour often goes over the edge. Everything has a white underprint. Now, though, I'm trying to explore printing out decals on an ink printer only in white and then the same decals on a laser printer in color. Then I compose a print of two layers of white and coloured on it. But it's true that white itself doesn't cover very well, and two layers are already thicker. They better cover the first ones. Good luck.

On 10/9/2019 at 6:22 PM, Fairfax said:

Thank you so much to all the boys for the nice words.  ?

For John Shamblin: Hello, colleague! I had the same problem as you. I was starting to print on the printer's laser, but it was only possible to put the print on the white of the base. Then I found this:  www.vinar.cz Try writing there, while it is in the Czech Republic, it also sends abroad and can be switched to English. You design decals yourself for paper size in A4 format. It just needs to be done in a vector program. And there's also a problem with lining numbers and letters. The main colour often goes over the edge. Everything has a white underprint. Now, though, I'm trying to explore printing out decals on an ink printer only in white and then the same decals on a laser printer in color. Then I compose a print of two layers of white and coloured on it. But it's true that white itself doesn't cover very well, and two layers are already thicker. They better cover the first ones. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, Micheal. I'm a retired graphic designer/art director and owned a screenprint and vinyl graphics shop for many years, so I'm very familiar with vector art. I've seen some laser printers that will print white, but they are expensive and the white ink is too. I'm looking at the vinar.cz site on my other screen but don't see the English connection. I'll keep looking. Thanks again.

Thank you so much Mark and Tim from a nice word!  :-)

For John Shamblin: Oh, so that's great, and easy for you to create a picture, too? I was the one who worried about it, I had no experience with vectors.

On the www.vinar.cz site, switch to English on the top right. There are choices: Services, portfolio, about me, team, contact, English. Good luck.

John Shamblin Your 58 'Impala projects are impeccable ! I think I've seen these pictures somewhere before. I'm glad you're building it, sir ! I still thought of building a real Nascar 58 'Impala Convertible, but I don't have the courage yet.

Otherwise, I prettify the second fictional NASCAR 58 'Impala in other colors. He owns all the decals. Thank you for watching.

DSC025.JPG

DSC026.JPG

DSC015.JPG

DSC016.JPG

DSC019.JPG

DSC022.JPG

DSC024.JPG

DSC021.JPG

DSC05.JPG

DSC06.JPG

DSC010.JPG

DSC032.JPG