Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Bentley Blower

1hobby1

Hey Guys, 

Been a while since I’ve posted here but looks like this website is much more iPhone friendly to use now! This is my 1/24 Bentley Blower by Heller Keller that I just finished. Not everything on this kit fit how it was supposed to... or even remotely close at times... but I did what I could and here it is:

2D45A00F-9E99-44FA-B4FC-26932E5618D4.jpeg

F733DE9E-961C-483E-9CA2-F5D38640F591.jpeg

7BD54C0B-D84C-42C4-B17A-FFAC5F0E13AD.jpeg

CF9AE9BF-3FAB-4659-91AD-40AC8E65045D.jpeg

98683921-9F90-430F-B45F-E2CFB0A45EE0.jpeg

D25B4C2A-F82A-44C9-B0A4-7BC01C3E6277.jpeg

B4143A72-DCAC-471F-BCF7-E1060F870016.jpeg

7DA61667-1E5B-4B7C-B2BD-0312D1DCC314.jpeg

Thanks for looking! 

Edited by 1hobby1

Absolutely stunning build you have there, Steve...... and as Gary mentioned, well photographed also. You seem to be missing some knock-off hub caps on the road wheels, but other than that you have done a fine job on the Bentley Blower....... I have one that is still in the box waiting to be built, but I think it is the Revell version and not the Heller version.

David

4 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Absolutely stunning build you have there, Steve...... and as Gary mentioned, well photographed also. You seem to be missing some knock-off hub caps on the road wheels, but other than that you have done a fine job on the Bentley Blower....... I have one that is still in the box waiting to be built, but I think it is the Revell version and not the Heller version.

David

Thank you very much! That is correct there were knock off center caps however... I lost them somehow haha :D

On 10/9/2019 at 9:35 PM, Peter Lombardo said:

Looks great, man that car is such a beast.  It must be a real struggle to drive one of those today.  Anyway,  this looks really well done.

Very impressive model, Steve - an enviable workbench, too !

The hardest part will be to fix the 4 mudguards in their correct position with these tiny brackets - to me this seems to be the fiddliest thing with this kit - am I right?

On 10/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, Anglia105E said:

David

Revell did re-pack the heller molds and reissue it under their own label.

17 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Revell did re-pack the heller molds and reissue it under their own label.

Thanks, Helmut....... I am pleased to hear that the Revell version is basically the same car as the Heller version..... so I can now look forward to building this one.

Steve, the mudguard brackets do sound rather difficult...... and I shall look out for that problem when I get round to building this wonderful Bentley. ( can't open the box yet, because I am just starting the build of a resin '68 Pontiac Parisienne in 1:24 scale )

David