Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1957 Ford C900 truck and car transporter

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I was modelling, but a welcome return has been this AMT Ford C 900.

The truck is actually a Round 2 reissue which is beautifully moulded and packaged, really impressive. The only difficulty I found was getting the cab to sit correctly (it fouls the air filter) and the bumper has to be raised.

The trailer is the earlier Matchbox / AMT mould.

The 1957 Ford commercial catalogue shows this was the first year of production for the C900, so the mirrors, which were simpler on the early model had to be scratch built.  The cars are  AMT 1957 Fairlane's.

Some weathering was applied as it seemed appropriate for a working vehicle.

Thanks for looking.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Not to split hairs too much, but to make the truck a '57 you'd need to fill in the wiper motor access panels, add turn signals to the grille, change the door scripts, and backdate the engine. Kudos for adding the missing intake grille motif behind the door handles, a touch most builders don't bother with. Including me much of the time. That same basic cab was in production all the way up to 1990. The AMT kit is 1971-ish.

That being said, the truck looks fantastic, and I love the weathering on it and the trailer. The '57s are great- I dig the contrast of the well-used tractor and trailer against the shiny new cars.