Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Coronet 500 Polar Lights #2 build

drodg

So after finishing a white Polar Lights Coronet I am now working on the second one which is the red car that more closely represents my 1:1 car.  The red is pretty close  to the Coronet in my garage so other than polishing and waxing I am leaving the paint as it is.  I will bare metal foil and I have painted the interior black.  I have pretty much left the chassis alone.  I am waiting on the paint to dry on the engine as I will make it a 383 4barrel like my car.  I am also waiting for a distributor from Morgan Automotive to use also.   Thanks

Coronet_2.png

21 minutes ago, Bucky said:

I passed up a 1965 Coronet 500 2 dr hardtop once, because it had tired dark red paint, and a broken A/C vent. $1200, and it wudda been mine. I've been kicking meself ever since!!

Well that is kinda cheap!  lol!

My 65 Coronet 500 I owned back in the 90's and it had like 8000 miles on it and I sold it a few years later.  The man I sold it to had it back and called me a few summers ago and asked me if I wanted to buy it back.  We went back and forth for about six weeks and I finally got the permission (kinda) to pull the trigger.  It now has 14,600 on it.  It is a nice driving car.  Very tight and solid.  Some Mopars weren't so much back then!   Lol!  I love the 65's also.