Model Cars Magazine Forum

Inspired by the art of Travis Pitts, this started out as a gluebomb Little Red Wagon and Jimmy Flintstone A-100 Panel Van.  It's since been converted to a post-apocalyptic monster hunter complete with mounted chainsaws, melee and ranged weapons gathered from across the pop culture spectrum, and the requisite lighting, armor plating, and supplies.  Velma was made from an Atelier iT figure, while Scooby is a vinyl Great Dane that looked pretty close to the correct size. A full writeup of what went into the build is available here: http://spencer1984.com/my_models/misery-machine.php

As always, any comments/criticisms are welcome!

misery-machine-00.jpg

misery-machine-03.jpg

misery-machine-04.jpg

misery-machine-05.jpg

misery-machine-06.jpg

misery-machine-07.jpg

misery-machine-08.jpg

misery-machine-09.jpg

misery-machine-10.jpg

misery-machine-11.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Plowboy said:

I like this! Well thought out and executed! The best part is everything is tastefully done and not over the top. Nice work! 

Yes what he said. A lot of thought went into this and it shows. I spotted the Necronomicon in there and I laughed out loud. The hood sides and plastic fork used as skid plates underneath are very well done. It's no wonder that Velma survived, she was always the intellectual badass of the group. ?

• 2 weeks later...