Model Cars Magazine Forum

Count's Roadrunner

Looks simple enough for a paint mask template. There was someone making them for flames but is hard to find them. If you can get the stripe drawn out on paper or paint program have somebody with a cricut cutter make you a template. I've wanted to try it but didn't find the thin paper.

I will preface by saying this would NOT be the easiest route you could take.

You might consider making your own. I see where Microscale offers a black sheet of decal film (as the stripe looks black to me) that is 4-1/2"x7".  Using something like tracing paper you could draw them out until you found what looks to be close enough for you (assuming you have a RR body in hand to use asw a guide). Transfer these patterns to the decal film and cut them out. You could make 3 separate pieces for each side. The two ending at the upper part of the rear window look to me to be connected so this would have to be taken into consideration.

You could also make the one that surrounds the hood scoop although including the pinstriping on it may  be fairly difficult. Plus adding the Count's Kustom logo to the trunk.

kountrr1.jpeg

kountrr2.jpeg

kountrr3.jpeg

Edited by DPNM

2 hours ago, Deuces said:

I think the AMT '68 or '69 baracuda has a version of that scoop.... Might want to look into it..... 

No, but somebody does do a resin hood for the '69 Cuda with that scoop. I bought a couple of them last year. 

I think there are at least two resincasters who make '69 Road Runner hoods with that scoop. 

2 hours ago, jokar124 said:

The MPC Shirley Muldowney "Bounty Huntress" Roadrunner funny car kit had this body with the flat hood, if you care to cut one up.

Hart's Parts Resin also makes the hood separately.

Thanks Jose, I just ordered the hood, and a 69 Cuda hood scoop that looks pretty close!