Model Cars Magazine Forum

A few new Round 2 kit coming out ......

Mr mopar

On 10/17/2019 at 5:23 AM, Mr mopar said:

I’d go for the Louisville first then probably the General after that. 

7 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Coke jokes aside happy to see the GMC come back, I tracked down an original Bison a year or so ago and wanted it's sister, but eBay is what eBay is and prices of the AMT/Ertl reissue were more than I paid for the Bison. 

How was the build on the Bison? I heard the fit on those was tricky.

5 hours ago, chuckyr said:

So apparently Italeri has totally abandoned any new tool modern American big rig subjects.  

So it seems. I’m glad I enjoy cars too. We really need to unite when Revell does another “vote“ for what people want and pick something everyone likes and vote like hell.

Ben

20 minutes ago, Bennyg said:

So it seems. I’m glad I enjoy cars too. We really need to unite when Revell does another “vote“ for what people want and pick something everyone likes and vote like hell.

Ben

Those polls don't work.  Emailing or writing to Revell directly seems to get more of a response.  I have conducted polls over various magazines and web pages for years and sent the data to model companies with no replies.  I have written and emailed them with my specific personal choices and they at least reply.  

Model compares are having difficult economic times.  I guess their budgets don't include new American model truck subjects. 

Thank goodness for Moebius!

2 hours ago, chuckyr said:

Those polls don't work.  Emailing or writing to Revell directly seems to get more of a response.  I have conducted polls over various magazines and web pages for years and sent the data to model companies with no replies.  I have written and emailed them with my specific personal choices and they at least reply.  

Model compares are having difficult economic times.  I guess their budgets don't include new American model truck subjects. 

Thank goodness for Moebius!

Yeah, I’m happy with Moebius. A few of the car subjects that were popular got made. The one subject I expected, the Porsche 919 didn’t happen but the did the 918 and ford GT LeMans.

Ben

16 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Or the AMT 1/43rd scale TNT Kits (Dannon Yogurt, 7UP, KMart,,Sears,,Pete 359 wrecker, Western Express) they were cool.

Those molds are still out there somewhere. Heller reboxed them last in the early 2000s and had all the trucks, the Pete 359 and trailer which I have and have compared to my original AMT issue Pete 359 wrecker, the KW K100, and the Pete wrecker. Heller also released a multi kit set that included both trucks with trailers and the wrecker. 

This is the Heller rebox I found in the mid 2000s and the wrecker I both have in my stash that I have compared the tractor to from the Heller rebox to confirm that these are in fact the old AMT kits, and just to save anyone time neither of these are available for trade or sale at ANY offer! 

HPIM2917.thumb.JPG.012411cd5808b560578776c53c4604cb.JPG

20180325_184053.thumb.jpg.9d50d98806e7f173dc8cb93029d15e24.jpg

And this is an internet image of the Heller multi kit set that I would like to add to the stash too, but since I only really need the KW and another trailer and the ones I've seen have sold for over $100, I've held off adding it. 

428122-12155-50-pristine.jpg.2bd7a9ba524bb0f672a912260db034e9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 12:00 AM, 1930fordpickup said:

If a few Coke decals and box art get us kits that would not have came out then so be it.  

???

I'm with ya 100%!!!!   I got a box FULL of decals,  so decals aren't the problem.....  but throwing away $100-$200-$300 for an old "out-of-production" kit just isn't cool!!!!

DJ

On 10/17/2019 at 5:23 AM, Mr mopar said:

These are mostly pretty hard to find kits right? It is nice to see Round 2  dig deep into the mold collection.    It looks like that Frieghtliner FLC from Italeri will fill a hole in the AMT truck line up.  Hopefully this collaboration will continue. 

1 hour ago, kurth said:

These are mostly pretty hard to find kits right? It is nice to see Round 2  dig deep into the mold collection.    It looks like that Frieghtliner FLC from Italeri will fill a hole in the AMT truck line up.  Hopefully this collaboration will continue. 

There not to hard to find ,I'm hoping the Freightliner will have a nice set of decals ?

Not much I don't allready have, I've got the Stevens International version of the Ford LNT-8000 Snow Plow from 2008, maybe the GMC could be a candidate for buying.
The Italeri tooling kits doesn't catch my interest that much as they are more to the generic side and not allways that accurate.

7 hours ago, Force said:

Not much I don't allready have, I've got the Stevens International version of the Ford LNT-8000 Snow Plow from 2008, maybe the GMC could be a candidate for buying.
The Italeri tooling kits doesn't catch my interest that much as they are more to the generic side and not allways that accurate.

I'm with you on this Force ,I just don't like the high price they put on the coke stuff ,so I my only get one GMC General !

10 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I'm with you on this Force ,I just don't like the high price they put on the coke stuff ,so I my only get one GMC General !

The Coke kits have the same price as the other comparable kits issued at the same time.  Eg the AutoCar was MSRP at $47.95 and so was the Coke Pacemaker Peterbilt. The C600 Coke Stakebed is the same price as the Hostess C600 Van body.  The Snowplow has the same price as the Coke GMC General on so on and so forth.

8 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The Coke kits have the same price as the other comparable kits issued at the same time.  Eg the AutoCar was MSRP at $47.95 and so was the Coke Pacemaker Peterbilt. The C600 Coke Stakebed is the same price as the Hostess C600 Van body.  The Snowplow has the same price as the Coke GMC General on so on and so forth.

Maybe in the states ,but in in Canada way more  At the LHS Peterbilt pacemaker $42.95  coke Peterbilt $60.99  you can't tell me there not the same .

Edited by Mr mopar