Model Cars Magazine Forum

A few new Round 2 kit coming out ......

Mr mopar

11 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I wonder if Revell reissuing the Luv had an impact of R2 deciding to reissue the Courier

A combo of what Revell is doing AND looking into the vault and see what is ready to run with the least cost involved.  Worth running 5-7K kits.

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Ram 50 comes out again soon also...been 18 years since it was last reissued.

4B33067F-36F3-4852-BC1D-5C590D20AA09.jpeg.cb6ca3906053ac0f55320839bb19d969.jpeg

I didn’t realize it hadn’t been out in that long! They are still cheap and available at swap meets. I had bought two for $5 each, so I did one as my 24 Hour Build for 2018.

60842743-3A3A-4C20-9B7E-B1C2AB4976AA.jpeg.215463fed46741573a0a588c7b7d2b59.jpeg

Being creative, it wouldn’t take much work to bring it out as the Mitsubishi version.. new grill, body logos.. and you’d have a brand new kit for the Japanese car guys

Not a bad little kit. Has a lot of detail on chassis and engine. Kept thinking the chassis would work under a street rod. I had it sitting on a 40 Ford Sedan Delivery and it sat there like it belonged!

Edited by Tom Geiger

On 6/6/2020 at 8:24 AM, Tom Geiger said:

4B33067F-36F3-4852-BC1D-5C590D20AA09.jpeg.cb6ca3906053ac0f55320839bb19d969.jpeg

I didn’t realize it hadn’t been out in that long! They are still cheap and available at swap meets. I had bought two for $5 each, so I did one as my 24 Hour Build for 2018.

60842743-3A3A-4C20-9B7E-B1C2AB4976AA.jpeg.215463fed46741573a0a588c7b7d2b59.jpeg

Being creative, it wouldn’t take much work to bring it out as the Mitsubishi version.. new grill, body logos.. and you’d have a brand new kit for the Japanese car guys

Not a bad little kit. Has a lot of detail on chassis and engine. Kept thinking the chassis would work under a street rod. I had it sitting on a 40 Ford Sedan Delivery and it sat there like it belonged!

The plain jane version is a kit vendors table warmer, but, the original MPC 4X4 version I think would be a better seller. 

MPC Dodge D50 Freedom Rider | ScaleModelRestoration

As a gag, for some time now, we kept throwing this kit into our Model Club auction. Someone would buy it, then bring it back to be resold again. 

I ended up giving it a good home in the end. 

Dodge Ram D-50, AMT/ERTL 6147 (1991)

On 6/5/2020 at 2:02 PM, alexis said:

That Courier Minivan will be nice to have. Totally Non Stock, but a nice Custom build.

I can't recall what the last issue looked like, which, IIRC, was during the RC2 era, but this issue will no doubt be improved in some ways. I'm guessing this will be the version which is reissued:

AMTFCM.jpg.26f38abeeae2c90f7cf4a560b039e57a.jpg

AMTFCMside.jpg.90fb36809627d891170f420dd8b69ba5.jpg

I can't remember the last time the {{{ gulp }}} Fleetside {{{ gulp }}} version was last released . The {{{ gulp }}} Flairside {{{ gulp }}} was the last iteration I remember seeing ( c.1997 ) .

Oddly , I've never purchased nor built any version of AMT's Courier . Not sure as to why --- I'd built countless copies of the F-350 ( 250 ? ) over the years , always in two-wheel-drive form .

I'll definitely have to pick up ( no pun intended ) one or two of this kit !

23 hours ago, Casey said:

I can't recall what the last issue looked like, which, IIRC, was during the RC2 era, but this issue will no doubt be improved in some ways. I'm guessing this will be the version which is reissued:

It was this lovely rendition 

Ford Courier (1/25) (fs)

Guys...if I am remembering correctly, the original AMT Courier "Minivan" kit could be built 100% showroom stock, in the Ford "Free Wheelin'" package livery.  I built the kit when it came out and it's was a pretty decent effort in the context of late 1970's AMT kit development.....TIM 

PS - here's my build which was a combo of the original "Minivan" kit and some parts from the slightly later "Firestones" kit release....

DSC 0786

32 minutes ago, espo said:

I like that, especially the paint treatment. Since this could be built as a stock truck also, how did they handle the side window going from the camper shell down into the side of the bed ? 

Stock and notched sides?  The stock bed had separate parts for the sides in the stock version I built as a kid IIRC. 

Edited by Rob Hall

12 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Stock and notched sides?  The stock bed had separate parts for the sides in the stock version I built as a kid IIRC. 

Thanx, I was thinking that might be the case. 

On 6/10/2020 at 7:25 PM, tim boyd said:

Guys...if I am remembering correctly, the original AMT Courier "Minivan" kit could be built 100% showroom stock, in the Ford "Free Wheelin'" package livery. 

I'm thinking Round2 will give us something along those lines-- Free Wheelin decals in one or two color sets, and hopefully the factory aluminum wheels from the previous reissue.

Edited by Casey

I have a question for you tractor trailer guys.... I was wondering if the MPC tri-axle dump trailer will latch onto any of the AMT tractor 5th wheels without any problems?????..... ??? Thanks for your help!.... ?

Edited by Deuces ll

4 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

I have a question for you tractor trailer guys.... I was wondering if the MPC tri-axle dump trailer will latch onto any of the AMT tractor 5th wheels without any problems?????..... ??? Thanks for your help!.... ?

It will with no problems !

On 6/8/2020 at 8:16 PM, Casey said:

IMO, This is the best version of this kit!

It came with the camper shell, 2 sets of bed fenders, stock and custom vector wheels (which look perfect on a DofH General Lee, BTW), stock decals, fender flares, front air dam AND LOTS OF FUN!!

Back then, I enjoyed building this one stock and used the extra bed parts on another stepside for a custom. I always searched for another kit to replace it, but as it was never reissued, it was always the hardest one to find complete. I ended up getting one with the camper shell missing and I was grateful to have found that!

I'm glad I'll finally be able to get more of these babies, soon. Love that box art!

I sure wish they'd re-issue the 70's Bronco "Wild Hoss". 

Can't help but think they'd sell a bunch, especially if they put em in retail assortments, or paired 'em with the old service trailer.

Or an assortment kit with both trailers, and PLEASE find the ramps for the little trailer in the multi car sets, (Cobra, Piranha.)

Maybe the Open Road Camper and or wedge hauler.

Just thinking out loud..

I like your thoughts, Ralph.

The Wedge Hauler and a '68-'72 Chevy would be great. A "Diamond in the Rough" type issue would be awesome too. Any combination of Pickup, Trailer, Race Car, like the recent Cobra Team would be perfect too.