Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jawbreaker 4!

alan barton

Seeing as how it is International Jawbreaker week ( I just made that up!) I thought I would post my version built a few years ago.  It is almost stock except obviously for the body.  I wanted to reduce the visual weight of MPC's body which is kinda too big to be a Bantam and too small to be a Deuce Tudor. To accomplish this I chopped the top, reshaped the window openings a tad and cut out some surplus wheel arches.  The hood scoop which is a bit "out there" is an option from one of the Polar Lights cartoon gasser cars.

Cheers

Alan

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

Wild! Really looks neat ?? very cool rendition!! ..... I almost didn’t post up my Jawbreaker that day because it was just a straightforward simple summer fun project but I’m glad I did because now we’ve got Jawbreakers popping up everywhere! Nice work on yours ?

I'm glad you did Chris - got a few of us motivated by the looks.

The thing is, MPC never did it any favours with awkward box art and those strange headers and spoiler.  In fact, there is a cool model hiding in amongst that junk, we just have to set it free!

Thanks everyone for the positive comments!

Cheers

Alan

Hey Rodney, I had already filled in the wheel arches of my second body but wasn't sure what direction to take - now I know!  Hope you don't mind if I borrow the concept!  I especially like the shortened rear quarters and it seems we both had the same idea with the swage line out of Evergreen.  What a stunner!

Cheers

Alan

Very, VERY nice! I like everything about it except the scoop. Well done and model on! B)

4 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Alan-

That came our great. I really like your mods. Not to hijack your thread, but here's what i did with the Jawbreaker body. -RRR

Grape Ape 8.JPG

I've been thinking of doing something like this myself with this body. Thanks for the inspiration and showing that it CAN be done! B)

• 2 weeks later...