Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 Round2 Car Kit News & Announcements

Casey

I have the kit, and it seems pretty good.  It's very similar to this kit:

Might even have the step bumper, too; but it's been a while since I looked in the box.  Just like the one in the review, everything is molded shut (doors, rear doors, hood), and there are no rear windows.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:15 PM, Casey said:

Pretty much. AMT 626 was released in October 2009, so almost exactly ten years ago now. I see an additional colored transparent "glass" piece on the new kit, but everything else, save for the decal sheet and box (and maybe the slicks?) appears to be identical to the '09 issue. 

1912830331_s-l1600-2019-11-02T211533_241.thumb.jpg.6a23be664e71bfe31fe53f734e2fb4d0.jpg

The 2009 issue has an additional red tinted glass shot included as well. So I'm assuming straight reissue other than box art and decals. I'm fine with that. My stash is getting thin. I just Hope Hobby Lobby will pick it up. Good hobby shops are few and far between in my neck of South Carolina.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 9:53 PM, Trendsetta68 said:

Too bad that Round2 can't produce ALL NEW KITS ..... ???

While I would like to see some new stuff too, I have no problem with Round2 reissuing older kits because some of the stuff they have reissued in the past few years like the Pinto, Datsun pickup, and Subaru Brat just to name a few have been kits that I've had interest in having but not at insane collectors prices to buy them. There are even some of the kits reissued lately that haven't seen the light of day since either before I was born or at the least before I began building so I never had the chance to build some of these kits, so regardless of how they may not measure up to more modern tooling standards, to some of us in the hobby they are still "new" kits to us. 

9 hours ago, highway said:

While I would like to see some new stuff too, I have no problem with Round2 reissuing older kits because some of the stuff they have reissued in the past few years like the Pinto, Datsun pickup, and Subaru Brat just to name a few have been kits that I've had interest in having but not at insane collectors prices to buy them. There are even some of the kits reissued lately that haven't seen the light of day since either before I was born or at the least before I began building so I never had the chance to build some of these kits, so regardless of how they may not measure up to more modern tooling standards, to some of us in the hobby they are still "new" kits to us. 

Now that's a great attitude! ?

Yeah, my definition of a "new kit" is one I have never owned. The '59 Imperial fits this. So do the Fuzz Duster and the Pinto Popper. So, bring 'em on!

And if it has to have Coke Branding to Sell, then I am all in on that too. If the only way I'm going to get an AMC Matador or Javelin, is for it to be a Coke Tie In, tell me how much Coke I need to buy!!!

14 hours ago, highway said:

Agreed... I love some of the old rigs that they've been coming out with  ...

2 hours ago, alexis said:

Yeah, my definition of a "new kit" is one I have never owned. The '59 Imperial fits this. So do the Fuzz Duster and the Pinto Popper. So, bring 'em on!

And if it has to have Coke Branding to Sell, then I am all in on that too. If the only way I'm going to get an AMC Matador or Javelin, is for it to be a Coke Tie In, tell me how much Coke I need to buy!!!

Hahahaha,  put me down for some stock in Coke too !!!???

On 10/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, Casey said:

Here are some new car kit announcements for 2020 from Round2:

AMT 1175 -- 1/25 1966 Buick Wildcat

AMT 1177 -- 1965 Chevelle Modified Stocker

AMT 1180 -- 1969 Plymouth GTX Hardtop Pro Street

AMT 1183 -- 1966 Chevy Impala Modified Stocker

MPC 892 -- Ed Roth's Mail Box Chopper - Trick Trike Series

I saw a pic of their display of new and upcoming kits from a show on another board, looks like the early 70s full bumper Camaro Z-28 is on it's way too