Model Cars Magazine Forum

The wait is killing me! ***UPDATE, the wait is over!!!!!***

Joe Handley

5 hours ago, Dave Van said:

God bless your family!!!  After 8 grandkids and the twins due JAN....I can wait!!! 

Thanks Dave, we're still waiting on the news, for my Sister's sake, I hope she's not the procrastinator I was/am:blink:

So far today, my friend in Michigan with the 3 cats, an also pregnant co-worker and all of Mom's relatives in Iowa other than her baby sister have been checking in all day long too!

1 hour ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Joe I hope everything is good with all involved.  The wait is the worst. 

Thanks!

We're keeping our fingers crossed, haven't heard anything from the BiL yet. When Mom had me, it was 29 hours and this little girl was estimated to weight more 2-3 weeks ago than I did at birth, plus she's my Sister's first. Then, during her last Doctor's appointment a few days ago, he thought a C-Section might be needed!

Edited by Joe Handley

3 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Thanks!

We're keeping our fingers crossed, haven't heard anything from the BiL yet. When Mom had me, it was 29 hours and this little girl was estimated to weight more 2-3 weeks ago than I did at birth, plus she's my Sister's first. Then, during her last Doctor's appointment a few days ago, he thought a C-Section might be needed!

Congratulations, Joe Took all day for my son. May God watch over your family and bless you with a healthy little niece.....

21 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Congratulations. Glad everyone is OK. 

If you are a first time Uncle we can advise on all the good loud toys for you to buy, because that is what a good uncle does. 

Lol, Thanks!  I may be old enough that I like won't have a chance to be a Dad myself, nut you do have to be careful with such purchases, those can always comback to bite you if their parent has the money once you have a kid?ffrom Luckily when Mom did that to her oldest living sister back in the 60's, who then vowed revenge when on her when she became a Mom, my Aunt didn't have the money to return the favor when I was born!  All that said, a good friend from when I worked at the local HTU have already been conspiring with me to get her into R/C Cars and I want to get her interested in models too.....I'm still hoping that Revell can do a Cruze Ramirez or Sally Carrera snap kit....if not both some day!  Both parents are artistic, her father builds Gundams as well, both grandfathers have turn wrenched and driven trucks and Dad spent decades in the railroad industry, then she is still part Handley, so there will be a natural interest in such things there anyway. 

This will be an interesting journey from here on now, no matter how things go.

Edited by Joe Handley

Joe I am North of 50 so I will not be a dad unless I meet a girl that has kids. So i have been safe from all of my purchases. I somehow never had to babysit kiddo's overnight from my brothers and sisters mostly because of my rule no diapers. 

Just remember my Uncle rule, You always have a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen when they need it.

46 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Joe I am North of 50 so I will not be a dad unless I meet a girl that has kids. So i have been safe from all of my purchases. I somehow never had to babysit kiddo's overnight from my brothers and sisters mostly because of my rule no diapers. 

Just remember my Uncle rule, You always have a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen when they need it.

Two sons and I only changed one diaper. I hurled for the better part of an hour.