Model Cars Magazine Forum

Holy Grail build.....the INVADER!

Dann Tier

On 12/6/2019 at 8:44 AM, Rich Chernosky said:

Dann....as per usual your interiors are over the top. Much engineering and thought went into this.  As one of my heros would say....aaaaahhh, much better. 

Thanks alot, bud!, tomorrow i will be making the dash, and door cards. Thanks for following!

Huge update here, everyone!!....The interior is now ready for paint!!.....i will be totally finishing the interior before working on the rest of the kit.

-Photo 1; This is the kit steering wheel with a SB ignition housing, and a turn signal stalk from a Fujimi Countach kit.

-Photo 2&3; My SB dash all done...mirror from a Mini cooper, SB guages, warning light, and shift light.

-photo 4; SB peddle linkages...engine lights...hand brake...shifter from a Fujimi Porsche, and peddles are from a Jada Ford GT kit.

-Photo 5; Door cards made from individual strips of styrene that have been rounded. Holes drilled for seat belts...

-Photo 6; Here are all the bits ready for paint, including a large SB toggle to switch engine performance info.

-Photo 10; The guage cluster will just miss the windscreen!

DSCF9196.JPG

DSCF9199.JPG

DSCF9200.JPG

DSCF9197.JPG

DSCF9198.JPG

DSCF9201.JPG

DSCF9191.JPG

DSCF9192.JPG

DSCF9193.JPG

DSCF9195.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

36 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Interior is coming together nicely Dann. I like all the additions. They're really gonna set that area of the build off and be a nice showcase to the model since it's all an open view.

I appreciate it, Bud!!....once i started on it, it started to snow-ball, lol