Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone Getting Ready For Winter?

Having just moved very recently, I'll have more than enough to keep me busy throughout the winter! The house I just got I'll say needs some TLC, not so much on the outside, but certainly inside. Hopefully before too long I can get back to that '55 Ford that I was working on before it got packed away.

Either which way, the new place has a model room that I set up and can build in and due to a nasty flood experience I had at the last place, VERY LITTLE will go into the basement as this house literally sits along the river. I can see the Susquehanna right out my back kitchen window. ;)

Our super hasn’t turned the heat on yet so it can’t be winter ?

We’ll have to relent and take the air conditioner out of the window in the next couple of weeks but it’s still just warm enough some days for it to kick on.

Hoping to have a couple of low-humidity days in the next week so I can get some painting done before I start with some winter builds!

On 10/19/2019 at 8:49 AM, Dennis Lacy said:

I live in Southern California. What is this 'Winter' thing you speak of?

B)

It's the season where we actually want to wear socks with our shorts. ? It comes right after fire season. ? A little later, we actually need that 4/3 wetsuit.

22 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

No arguement from me there Bill, here's February of 2011 for us, and 2014 was either this, or sub zero, all..winter..long!

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

That’s one thing I don’t miss about Chicago is snow but traded it for humid hot summers. I seldom where a jacket here. I have painted bodies and some curb side kits ready to go...

You all can just stop talking anytime now. Otherwise I'm going to have to put my fingers in my ears. I have lived the last 32 years in places where it snows WAY TOO MUCH! My wife and I have decided that our next move is going to be to Fiji. The depressing thing is, I'm just not sure when that will be.

I Hate Snow!!

Later-

The hill I live on is up the side of a mountain in The Berkshires of Western Mass with a steep driveway. All my Porsches and rear drive cars hated it, even my last, a VW GTI front driver. This year I'm ready with another VW Golf but this time am all wheel Golf R!.

image.png.6b6977aadc7e5255b61fc4828e0d50b1.png

AS long as this doesn't happen (below) I'm good!

image.png.dfd15d9afe3977a62a4c137c4535451d.png

On 10/20/2019 at 1:05 AM, MrObsessive said:

I'll be OK with winter as long as we don't get another one like this! :o

45475356225143-vi.jpg
41475356221283-vi.jpg
37475356217941-vi.jpg

That was from 2016 and frankly it could never snow again and that would be fine with me!

Brrrrrr...... ? Makes me want to move back to Australia...... I lived down there between '61-'71....

This was here last winter. Our driveway and the sidewalk snow wind up on the front lawn. We have some removed a couple of times each winter. However, like Dan Clark, I have a heated garage . I also have a spray booth made with an old microvave hooked to a mini shop vac to suck up all the overspray. So for the time being I can build year round. Now we are thinking of moving too with the possibility of renting. That may curtail the modelling and the woodworking.

Hiver 2018-19.jpg

On 10/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, iamsuperdan said:

I'll be fine up here in the Great White North.

My garage is insulated, and now heated, and vented with a small paint booth set up, so i can paint all year long.

It's just finding the time to devote.

:)

Had you not insulated your garage, put no heater and vent in and not built a paint booth, you'd have had ample time for painting.