Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started a new master...

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing attention to accurate detail on a master that requires every single part to be scratch built. I think there might also be a market for a resin cast model of a large luxury RV motorhome. I can see those being built into fancy tour busses like those used by rock bands or country and western groups. That would lead to a brand new market for custom decals for side sheet graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the top all polished out. I figured since I used the buildings for the reflection in the top, I might as well show what they look like. They have become kind of a catch-all. Because the top is layers of epoxy putty, primer, and paint (over plastic, of course), I'm not going to scribe it for fear of chunks breaking off. I have received another interior to do, so again, I have to stop working on this for a few weeks.

DSCN0688.JPG

DSCN0691.JPG

DSCN0692.JPG

Edited by Repstock

• 2 months later...

Don’t worry about Archer rivets coming off. Just put a couple light coats of primer or paint over top of them to seal them down. 

These are Archer on this sleeper casting. I just used a light coat of Tamiya primer to seal it before molding 

3B01159C-A5B3-40A4-8772-124D9C517854.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Repstock said:

Not yet, but I have it sitting where I have to see it every day. Sooner or later I'll dive back in and finish the master. There's not that much more to do. If only I were retired....

2 hours ago, Repstock said:

Not yet, but I have it sitting where I have to see it every day. Sooner or later I'll dive back in and finish the master. There's not that much more to do. If only I were retired....

Don't wish your life away my friend, you should have turned the big six oh this last summer so you're getting there. I retired when I was 68 and in a couple of weeks that will have been 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Don't wish your life away my friend, you should have turned the big six oh this last summer so you're getting there. I retired when I was 68 and in a couple of weeks that will have been 10 years ago.

You're right, of course. My job is OK, I'm just ready to do what I want to do instead of what I have to do.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...