Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started a new master...

On 11/6/2019 at 6:49 PM, misterNNL said:

The November meeting for the Buckeye Scala Auto Club will be tomorrow night at the Hobby land store in the Northland Plaza. Meting starts at 7:00 pm. I think they would be interested in seeing the bus prototype you have built.

Sorry but that's Graceland not Northland Tom.

10 minutes ago, 59 Impala said:

10 minutes ago, 59 Impala said:

Yes of course you are correct. Incidentally the owner announced at our last meeting that after 68 years in that location he will be re-locating the shop to a new location in the Clintonville neighborhood next spring. He will have more room and his lease will more reasonable.I mentioned the bus project to the members and they would like to see at some point when you are available.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy smokes, I'm gonna need to buy one when you're done!
I actually have a copy of original exterior blueprints for the 5301 prototype...unfortunately, has a few styling modifications from the production coach, so probably not of much use for you...

Edited by etmccaus

7 hours ago, leafsprings said:

This bus is a classic,  will never goes out of style. I'm in for couple as well. Question. Will it come with fender flares ( rubber on the 1:1) ?

I'm not sure yet. Rather than be an out of the box build, it is meant to be a starting point. If I went full detail, in resin the thing would cost hundreds. By only supplying front and rear windows, and trying to get as much in one piece as I can, we're hoping to make this as affordable as humanly possible. When I get my copies, I'm going to go full detail.

I had hoped to use archer decal rivets, but we don't think they would survive the rubber pull. There are still some details to work out, but the idea is to offer a great starting point for an unusual subject that everyone can (hopefully) afford.

Hello, Tom!

I like every step of this project, but if you want to offer a starting point resin kit, may be it's better to cut a square hole in a place you put a net?

So everyone can glue there an etched net he found. Just a thought. Nothing more.

• 1 month later...

I am now free of obligations, so there is further progress on the bus. It's got a front end now! Thanks to hct728(Bob) for giving me some ideas on how to approach the front end details. The bus is 19" long, about the size of a 1/25 40' trailer.

aaa (1).JPG

aaa (2).JPG

aaa (3).JPG

aaa (4).JPG